where do you guys see this poor guy going...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jntruong2003

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think...

i have a 3.3 sGPA and overall GPA @ university of california, irvine. i got a 20 TS/19AA/19PAT. 2nd time taking the test.

i've done like 4 quarters of research. worked at a dentistry for 4 years.

i'm just wondering if that is good enough for me to move on towards the lighter side of the resume ie. doing fun hobbies, helping out at 3rd world nations, becoming more active at church, etc. to beef up my application.

Members don't see this ad.

don't know, others can give a better advice, but the advice i get from people is to apply as early as possible to as many schools as possible

you want a true answer Truong???
your GPA is 3.3 not strong: maybe take more classes to pull up GPA to 3.5
your DAT is around 19: i think you should retake the DAT and try to get at least 22 or 23 for better chance.
that my opinion as a friend. don't try to be mean or anything. good luck.:)

^ Disagree. Just because the average SDN score is 22, does not mean you can't get in with a lower score. People can, and do, get in with lower.

I'd say just apply broadly and early. Apply to your state schools and get a hold of the big ADEA guide to see which schools accept a lot of out-of-staters with your stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys for your feedback! with some hope maybe ill survive through this whole application process. mebbe ill study for it again after applying during the summer. ill let you guys know how apps go =(