Where do you hope to go to medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where would you like to attend medical school?

• Northwest

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Southwest

Votes: 35 19.2%
  • Midwest

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • Deep South

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • North East

Votes: 67 36.8%
  • South East

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

erasable

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
POLL: Where do you hope to go to medical school?
Which region?

Members don't see this ad.

if you asked me at the beginning of the cycle: new york city
middle of the cycle: east coast
end of the cycle: anywhere but the Caribbean

would love to stay in Chicago, but I'll go wherever I get accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would use Pacific, Midwest, Northeast, South and Midatlantic... Who's with me?

Pacific = Hawaii, California, Oregon and Washington
South = Texas to Florida to Virginia
NE = NY to Maine
Midatlantic = DC to Pennsylvania
Midwest = the rest

My state school or California. Currently waitlisted at both options. :p

Wherever my brother ends up
or Miami (it's where my family lives) or New York City (a lot of things to do, reasonable Korean presence)

if you asked me at the beginning of the cycle: new york city
middle of the cycle: east coast
end of the cycle: anywhere but the Caribbean
lol, nice

but yeah, the question also needs some clarification: do you mean where would we go if we could go anywhere, or where do we think we'll go realistically?

Members don't see this ad :)
I voted south west for UCLA :)

1. UCLA
2. Harvard
3. Mt Sinai
4. Johns Hopkins
5. NYU
6. UCSF
7. UCI

Will update this post in 1 year :laugh:

I'll go anywhere that takes me. I'm a decent applicant, but to have that worry finally taken off of my shoulders will be great.

North East preferably U of Rochester.

i was born in new york, and i'm going to work/die here.

Deep South! Hopefully I get into a school like Emory or Vandy.

hmmm, that's odd. I don't see an option for Hogwarts...

Anywhere but the South.

We have a lower cost of living, so we're experiencing nearly the greatest level of population expansion in the country. All the money and jobs are moving to here and the Southwest.

In other words, the cost of living will soon skyrocket. I'll stay up north.

False. We have less regulations and tax burdens that lead to higher costs. That's why businesses are moving down here. Why pay nearly a 10% state income tax in NJ when you have no state income tax in Texas, Florida, and Tennessee?

At the start of this cycle, all I wanted was an acceptance in CA. And I was one of those people who said "Anywhere but the South!" But my sister goes to Emory and convinced me to apply. Go figure, I got in and liked it a LOT. And I am even considering choosing it over my CA acceptance *gasp*. So don't rule out the South you guys! Parts of it aren't what you'd expect... though parts of it totally are.

False. We have less regulations and tax burdens that lead to higher costs. That's why businesses are moving down here. Why pay nearly a 10% state income tax in NJ when you have no state income tax in Texas, Florida, and Tennessee?

Yeah, but the problem is that with demand for more housing, housing costs will rise. I get it - y'all don't get taxed much.

Then again, y'all can't gay marry either, so I will remain in my Yankee Haven and hope that Anthony Kennedy comes through on the Prop 8 trial which will undoubtedly be brought before the supreme court before too long.

We have a lower cost of living, so we're experiencing nearly the greatest level of population expansion in the country. All the money and jobs are moving to here and the Southwest.

You never travel South for education.

Barbecue, sweet tea, and warm weather? - yes
Education? - Absolutely not.

Deep South! Hopefully I get into a school like Emory or Vandy.

Deep South here as well too.

I wouldn't mind going northwest (Colorado, Oregon) though.

P.S. +1 for Bubba

You never travel South for education.

Barbecue, sweet tea, and warm weather? - yes
Education? - Absolutely not.

Wow, that's a pretty bigoted response. "Barbecue, sweet tea, and warm weather?"...if that's all you associate with the South, maybe you shouldn't talk about the South.

Because bible belt.

And to answer op: I'll gladly go anywhere but the south

Deep South here as well too.
I wouldn't mind going northwest (Colorado, Oregon) though.
P.S. +1 for Bubba

Colorado would be awesome. A few friends and I will be living in my friend's mountain house out there for a couple of weeks starting in mid-May and I'm excited. Also, thanks. I'm glad a fellow Georgian can appreciate him.

Uh, Emory? Vandy? Duke? Baylor?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Because bible belt.

People in rural Pennsylvania or in Iowa can be just as evangelical. Why do we have to get so much flak for it? Come down to Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte, or any other city down here and I promise you'll meet normal people just like you.