Where do you live in Boston if you attend Tufts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmw726

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am going to Tufts dental school this fall. I am currently looking for an apartment to stay with my boyfriend in the surrounding area. Can anyone share with me where would be a relative safer, cheaper and more convenient area to look for? Thank you for sharing.

Members don't see this ad.

South Boston...it is close and very safe.

Have you tried Boston craigslist? Anywhere that is safe and on the T should be fine. Of course, cheap would be good but it's Boston :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely look for something in Malden...Relatively cheap, right on the orange line (about 6-7 stops away from NEMC). You can also try Jamaica Plain, also on the orange line, but parts of the neighborhood aren't as nice...I've been living in Dorchester for a long time and had no problems...commute to Tufts is 20-25 minutes..
If money is not an issue--Back Bay, South End or Beacon Hill.

What is your maximum amount per month you want to spend....knowing that would give me a better idea of where you should live. Also, it depends on what type of place you want (new style, old style...do u want a washer and dryer in apartment, etc....) Do you want to walk to school? How long do u want to commute? Do u have a car? Do u like subway systems? All these questions are important. Somebody made the comment of Malden and S. Boston...these are good inexpensive options but they require effort to get to school, be it the "T" of driving. I go to BU and I live around South Boston at Park Lane Seaport...it would take me 10-20 minutes to get to Tufts by subway. I pay around 1800-2000 per month for a 1 bedroom. Welcome to Boston.

Bill