Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHTM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question often asked on secondaries and more often than not on an interview.

How are you guys approaching this question?

If I think about it, I see us (considering we start in 2003) completing med school by 2007, starting our residency that summer and completing the residency program (on average) in 3 years. So that takes us up to the 7th year (2010).

I guess I'm confused about what adcom's are looking for in this question. Anybody have a clue. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i'm guessing what you see yourself doing after med school and residency are finished. ie. private practice? third world country? going back to school to get an MPH or PhD? fellowship in a hospital, etc.

according to my current trend in filling secondaries:

still applying!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be on this site posting about Big Brother 13. Oh yeah, and I'll be practicing medicine in my spare time.

working at mcdonalds with an MD

Originally posted by pbehzad
working at mcdonalds with an MD

how negative..

a year or two out of residency/internship, saddled with >150K in educational debt, working 80 hours per week, living in a 500 dollar a month sh*thole. its gonna be awesome! :p

Originally posted by DW
a year or two out of residency/internship, saddled with >150K in educational debt, working 80 hours per week, living in a 500 dollar a month sh*thole. its gonna be awesome! :p

god, the reality of this post just made me laugh :)

Originally posted by DW

i hope that comes true!!! :D now if only i could get an interview...:rolleyes:

I'll be hooked on self-prescribed pain killers!! WOOHOOOO!!

Note to self: accept fenrezz to my medical school

sincerely,
admissions officer

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
i hope that comes true!!! :D now if only i could get an interview...:rolleyes:

:laugh:

I'll probably be muling dope in my ass for some Columbian drug lord named Manuel in order to pay off my med school loans.

"So, Explosivo, you wanted to be a doctor huh...?"

:eek: