Where have all the cowboys gone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeddyLee

Bad-ass Guitarist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people. This thing is finally winding down! In 2 weeks we'll all know where we're going, or not. Although the interview trail was long and tiring and kept me away from home far to much, it was a pleasure to meet all of you whom I met. It would be great to work with any of you.

That being said....where the heck is everyone?? idoc, odieoh, the notorious icewoman, light??? Where are you guys? I'm beginning the think the airlines lost you someplace.

I'd be curious to know who everyone ranked in their top 3 if anyone care to share. I guess after the deadline people will do that. Anyway...adios for now.

Geddy

Members don't see this ad.

To Geddy, Odioeh, and Jonnyboy it was great to meet you all on the interview trail. I for one am so glad that it's over. I haven't posted much lately because I haven't had much to say. I think that we all need to be committed to started a thread after the match telling people where we ended up. I would also like to try to help out the third years who are trying to figure out where they will be likely to get interviews at, and how competitive they will be as applicants. To do that, I think that we should be committed to sharing information such as class rank, board scores, research experience, rotation experience, programs applied to, and programs that offered interviews. This was precisely the info that I wanted, but could not really find. To keep it anonymous we could change our screen names. Anyways, Best of luck to all and I will share my rank list after I match. (Yes, I am paranoid!)
idoc

Hey Guys, it was great to meet all of you!!! I too haven't posted much lately as i haven't had much to say...the waiting game isn't too much fun...though not at painful as i thought it was going to be.

Random, how are your schools letting you guys know where you matched? At our school, they alpha page us at 8am on friday...kinda anti-climactic :(

G'luck to y'all...i'll be happy to share any info after the infamous match (provided it goes ok!).

Members don't see this ad :)
it really was fun meeting many of you (idoc, mjl, redhawk) and i'm sure others that i didn't figure out your code names. i agree with the rest of you that i think it would be beneficial to post some info about our credentials for the upcoming classes. it sure would have been helpful for me and would have relieved a bunch of stress about the unknown early in the process. anyway...best of luck to everyone. it's been fun. i look forward to seeing you at ARVO, the academy, etc in the years to come.

One week left!! I am getting nervous. ENT matched today and a guy from my school who was AOA, 250's boards didn't match. Me no likey this. I wish there was a way I could make myself not think about it until friday morning. Oh well. Good luck to all!

i hear ya odeioh...my buddy just matched in ENT. he goes to a top 10 med school and matched at #11 on his rank list of 11. he also had 250+ board scores and is a great guy (interview definitely did not hurt him). it will be nice to have all this over with. i guess all we can do now is hope for the best. hang in there everyone.

Originally posted by GeddyLee
Hey people. This thing is finally winding down! In 2 weeks we'll all know where we're going, or not. Although the interview trail was long and tiring and kept me away from home far to much, it was a pleasure to meet all of you whom I met. It would be great to work with any of you.

That being said....where the heck is everyone?? idoc, odieoh, the notorious icewoman, light??? Where are you guys? I'm beginning the think the airlines lost you someplace.

I'd be curious to know who everyone ranked in their top 3 if anyone care to share. I guess after the deadline people will do that. Anyway...adios for now.

Geddy

Forum has been quiet lately. This is typical for this time of year however.