Where in Baltimore should I live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lexington Market is quite sketchy, unfortunately. Charles Village is right near the Hopkins Homewood campus (shuttle), and is reasonably nice. If you want to live on the Metro line, you could live all the way out in Owings Mills, but I'd imagine that would be quite a commute. I've actually never riddent the Baltimore Metro in 25 years here. It only has one line, so if you're not going to Owings Mills or Hopkins, it's kind of useless.

Look no further, Swaroop! I have a great solution!

Come live in <a href="http://www.boltonhill.org" target="_blank">Bolton Hill</a>!

It's:
-a beautiful neighborhood
-safe
-full of gorgeous apartments
-on the metro AND light rail!
-right next to the Symphony and Lyric Opera
-a 5 minute walk from Mt Vernon
-a 20 minute walk from the inner harbor
-a 5 minute walk to the Hopkins shuttle

I've lived here for 2 years, and it's fabulous. Check out the <a href="http://www.boltonhill.org" target="_blank">website</a> for more details. This neighborhood is truly a hidden gem.

Cheers,
doepug

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone
Any idea if most med students at JHU stay in the dorm the first year? It is pretty crappy but I would think it would make social life a lot easier. Any thoughts welcome!!!!!

I was totally set on NOT living in Reed until I went back to revisit - and learned that you are not tied in for the whole year. It is so cheap to live there that I decided I would start there and then if I hate it, look for an apartment spring semester (or sooner). It seemed to me a good way to meet people, to get familiar with Baltimore before committing to a lease, and to get a chance to accumulate the "stuff" for an apartment rather than having to buy it all up front (I'll be moving cross-country).

I think over half of the first year class does live in the dorm, though I'm not sure of actual percentages.