dentalmon

7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
for dental school.. i was wondering.. where would you guys go if you were accepted into the following schools..

UPENN,temple, BU, tufts, Maryland, USC, UOP, Meharry, Buffalo, Georgia, Nova, UF, UCLA,?

vlct0ria

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2008
Status
Dental Student
for dental school.. i was wondering.. where would you guys go if you were accepted into the following schools..

UPENN,temple, BU, tufts, Maryland, USC, UOP, Meharry, Buffalo, Georgia, Nova, UF, UCLA,?
UoP or Nova...UoP is in San Fran which is super expensive, but awesome...and Nova is in Ft. Lauderdale which is really close to Miami/South Beach! SF's weather would probably be nicer though...as pretty much a lifelong S. FL resident, I know first-hand how disgustingly hot and humid it gets down there.

Oh and I forgot, Boston is AMAZING if you haven't been and are into city living!

Jun 8, 2009
USA
Status
Pre-Dental
unc, chapel hill is amazing....also boston, nyu, tufts are good destinations for the city life but i donno about the winter time

Jun 8, 2009
USA
Status
Pre-Dental
To add, I hear a lot of people also say USC is in a bad area of LA !
it is, ucla is in the nice part and usc is in the crap part. but if you want to provide care to those who cannot afford it or what not you gotta have easy access.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
UoP or Nova...UoP is in San Fran which is super expensive, but awesome...and Nova is in Ft. Lauderdale which is really close to Miami/South Beach! SF's weather would probably be nicer though...as pretty much a lifelong S. FL resident, I know first-hand how disgustingly hot and humid it gets down there.

Oh and I forgot, Boston is AMAZING if you haven't been and are into city living!
Do you know how cold SF is?

Matt2010

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Seriously? USC is on your list of places to live. Repeat the name of the school to yourself....S O U T H E R N C A L I F O R N I A. I don't care what area of LA its in, seems like a ridiculous post to me.

Zubnaya Feya

Combinator
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
Dental Student
Cold sounds great after a lifetime of NO winters and 100% humidity. :p
The grass is greener on the other side. =) It's good to combine though.
If I get into UCSF I am pretty sure I will attend but I will not be anticipating the weather. It is cold, foggy and rainy (sometimes). Almost as bad as Seattle.

tizom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2009
Status
Dental Student
buffalo!

OP
D

dentalmon

7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
i personally like the cold more than the Hot.. but everyone is my family are saying how Boston or Buffalo are soo cold that it would b hell... anyone live in these places that have the same feelign?.. I wouldnt like to be in a 100% humid place like FL .. its just too hot for me

Jun 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I love the Seattle weather personally. =) I mean I know everyone complains a lot about it but it does get nice a lot without getting TOO hot (minus the heat wave we recently had). However since SF is kind of similar to Seattle weather, I think I'd enjoy SF too.

CalDent

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I'd love to attend UCSF, since I'm already used to the SF bay area weather. Other than that, I wouldn't mind relocating to NY.