Where is the T-Z thread?????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Tweetie_bird, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

I am trying to merge the two together and I could swear I saw it 5 mins ago. Where is it now???? Please post a link for me.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just wondering the same thing. Hope Yogi didn't delete it! :eek:

4. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

no he did'nt.

Silly me. I didn't realize that when I merge threads, the later one gets deleted. Anyway, now that I have merged the two, I need to figure out how to change the main subject heading to show "A through Z" instead.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Good job, Tweetie! :)

6. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

Thanks. ok, so that part is done. Now for the really grilling stuff--

in the A-Z thread, we have too many short lists happening. My suggestion is to have me personally go in there and delete the old ones every few days, and only keep ONE new copy of the A-T and S-Z lists in the thread. If we don't do that, people might get confused and add more work to you SMW.

Otherwise, we could just slap the two together in ONE POST. but I am afraid that will reach the 10,000 char limit again. Hence, the above recommendation seems better.

I'm off to cook but keep me updated.

7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

hey,

thanks for doing it. as a right now, the A-S has about 5100 characters and T-Z has another 5100 characters. that should give us quite a bit of time before it reaches 10,000 again.

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Not sure that's really necessary, people will mess up no matter what we do -- they do it all the time with just one list! ;)

BTW, How did you change the thread title? I've tried editing my own thread titles lately, and concluded it was an option that died with the old SDN. :(

What do other people think?

9. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

I think the original poster should be constantly updating (perhaps weekly, or twice a week) so that the list remains in the first two posts. if anyone is curious about specific updates, then they can read the rest of the thread. otherwise, maybe the moderator can fill in the role of updater. or perhaps SMW should just start a new thread so that she can continue to do the editing.

10. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

I don't know why Lee deleted that option. I used to like it myself. I will present it to him when I have more itme.

For now, I have put the two treads together, and have the most updated lists back to back. So i hope people try and keep them together. SMW, could you be the quality check person here and make sure tthe A-S T-Z stick together? Thanks much.

11. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

PS: I also CLOSED the 11 page long thread because I didn't want people posting there anymore.

Also, the original A-S and T-Z lists are also gone because they were merged. So all we have is one, concise A-Z list that I created where the A-S and T-Z were slapped together. That was the point to all this, wasn't it?

So, the original poster may not have the privilege to change the stuff anymore. I think it's better this way because then we only have ONE list going on. I hope it works.

12. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Whoa! A radical proposal! I think we should leave well enough alone. I don't want to be "oficially" in charge of the entire thread anyway. I'm leaving town on Wednesday, and I'm conting on some of you current applicants to keep things from going to pot in my absence! ;)

I will try, but I am leaving town on Wednesday night, and will not be on regularly for about 10 days after that.
    Good job, Tweetie!! :)

13. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

yeah i'm like radical dude