Where is/was the best place for YOU to study? (For DATS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So yea, like the title says, where can you focus and study best? For me, it was my school library, but I graduated! So I'm struggling at home, distractions like NBA finals (GO CELTS!) but am managing day by day. How about YOU?

Members don't see this ad.

24 hr starbucks. I'd study during the day at the library and then hit up starbucks from 9 to 5.

yea, i know what you mean by distractions at home...tv, computer, siblings, parents, etc. Whenever I study at home, i study for like 45 minutes then take a 15 min. break...so inefficient. I would go to my local library but its going through renovations so I have to study at home right now.

find a 24 hr place man. it's the greatest thing in the world. No distractions. just you and your books. I should go back and thank them lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Good point. I am having a really hard time focusing at home, with video games and everything being a distraction. I don't know where would be a good 24 hour place besides starbucks, and I dont really want to go there because they don't have free internet. Other suggestions?

i would say all the better if the place doesn't have internet haha. as helpful as it is, internet is a huuuuge distraction for me =P

I'm in the public library now, and there are 5 OLD ladies next table.
i think its a book club or something and they are talking loud. :(

well going to take my diag now.

Oh yeah, the topic.

I go to starbucks (barnes and noble). I go to Panera Bread sometimes for free internet.

Can't study at home.

I just study at home haha, its open 24 hrs a day with a nice computer that i could look stuff up on wiki...

LAKERS, KOBE IS UNSTOPPABLE (lakers in 6)

Oh yeah, the topic.

I go to starbucks (barnes and noble). I go to Panera Bread sometimes for free internet.

Can't study at home.

Panera Bread and starbucks....are u in souther california? Where? these are my favorite places!:D

24 hr starbucks. I'd study during the day at the library and then hit up starbucks from 9 to 5.

There is such thing as a 24hrs starbucks? Do you know if there's one in Southern CA? I would love to go study there. :oops:

I just study at home haha, its open 24 hrs a day with a nice computer that i could look stuff up on wiki...)
i would love to do that but besides the fact that slack off home, theres aloooooot of distractions. TV, phone, esp my mom wanting me to do things lol. "change the oil of my car, take out the trash, go get this from the store" looool just wont end....

LAKERS, KOBE IS UNSTOPPABLE (lakers in 6)
u read my mind:thumbup: we will get one in boston from the first two games, get two out of three here in LA, and the next one..... BOOOM lakers are the champions for 08

i think public/school library would be the best place to study. I think Starbucks, panera bread, barnes & nobles or any other 24 hr places are distraction, a lot of people come and go and sometimes its just noisy if a group of people come together for lunch or something.