Where kind I find stats on students that are accepted by a pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bob_Barker27

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how I can find out how many of the students a pharmacy school accepts have an undergrad degree? Also, I would like to know how many white males apply to a given pharmacy school and how many are accepted. Is there a website that has this kind of information? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hopeful05 said:
this is what I found....These are last year's pharmcas stats
http://www.aacp.org/site/page.asp?TRACKID=&VID=1&CID=952&DID=5889

:)

Thanks for the link. According to that website, only 16% of the students who applied on PharmCAS have an undergrad degree. Only 57% of the students with a prior B.S. got into at least one pharmacy school. I guess having an undergraduate degree isn't as helpful as I thought. According to that website, about 34% of females that applied got into at least one pharmacy school, and 34% of males that applied into at least one. The weird thing to me is that the University of South Carolina states on their website their last class was 80% female. It seems to me your average class would be about 65% female and 35% male if the same percentage of both sexes were being accepted. I wish I could find more school specific information like this.

I would contact the schools you are interested in directly. All will have some sort of pre-admissions counselor type person. Many schools do not participate in PharmCAS, so the data is not complete.