Where my June 18th step 1 people at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icaruswalks

premed to attending
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get us all together for moral support! Will be done soon after the 18th... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to get us all together for moral support! Will be done soon after the 18th... :scared:

Right here getting more burnt out by the second! Really having trouble keeping my eyes focused on FA.

Hoping to play a round of golf in the morning - and then some light studying tomorrow afternoon.

Can't wait till it's over...so close!

*waves hand* shakin in my boots, realizing all the stuff I don't know. Must go forward!!

*waves hand* shakin in my boots, realizing all the stuff I don't know. Must go forward!!

Whenever I start thinking like that....I just tell myself to remember that it's multiple choice and not fill in the blank. This calms me down about 50% of the time :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'm getting nervous as well. I like the multiple choice idea suggestion, that will help calm me down. I can't wait to get this over with!

What are ppl doing tomorrow? I'm review a list of topics I always mess up, memorize the equations in the back of FA, then packing for vacation & going out to dinner. What about everyone else?

Whenever I start thinking like that....I just tell myself to remember that it's multiple choice and not fill in the blank. This calms me down about 50% of the time :laugh:
Haha yep, I have a friend who always says "the answer is on the page." Took the free 150 last night, did just fine, made me feel a little better that I knew something. I'm grateful for my noncompetitive ambitions... really just hopin for the first digit to be a 2!

Another thing I keep telling myself is 92% of people pass on first go...

Can you see where I'm trying to talk myself out of a freakout?! Bahahahahaaaa need this to be done.

Also doesn't help that the last 2 mornings I woke up with a ridic sore throat and this morning a massive headache. Some pseudoephedrine later and I'm somewhat functional but ya, NOT COOL.

Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in a bit, read thru HY in the back of FA, maybe read Goljan 46pgs and make sure I know equations. I'm doing another read-through of my weaknesses in FA today. I'd hoped to go through all my wrongs on UW but only got through about half of them. In the afternoon tomorrow I'm going jewelry making with a non-med school friend, making myself a good luck bracelet, watching a movie and hopefully getting to bed early.

Oh, forgot to mention that it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow. FML.

Also doesn't help that the last 2 mornings I woke up with a ridic sore throat and this morning a massive headache. Some pseudoephedrine later and I'm somewhat functional but ya, NOT COOL.

Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in a bit, read thru HY in the back of FA, maybe read Goljan 46pgs and make sure I know equations. I'm doing another read-through of my weaknesses in FA today. I'd hoped to go through all my wrongs on UW but only got through about half of them. In the afternoon tomorrow I'm going jewelry making with a non-med school friend, making myself a good luck bracelet, watching a movie and hopefully getting to bed early.

Oh, forgot to mention that it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow. FML.

Happy Birthday! Celebrate big after your test! I agree with everybody else here...time is going by so slowly. I'm finishing up my last pass of FA, only like 90 pages left... haha. :laugh:

Or as one of my friends told me, the right answer is in there somewhere! At least you know that :thumbup:

How's everyone doing today? I can't believe this is almost over. I'm totally having the "i don't know anything!" freakout. I wasn't able to get through all that I wanted to yesterday because biochem took too long but I don't want to read FA all day....... Ahhhhh! Doing some micro this am and hopefully a little neuro and then prying myself away?!

Haha, yeah I've been so slow getting through the things I wanted to do today.... I'm just getting burnt out. So I have a list of things I wanna skim (NOT read I keep telling myself, just highlights) then I'm quitting by 4 or 5pm. I just want this to be over!

Haha, yeah I've been so slow getting through the things I wanted to do today.... I'm just getting burnt out. So I have a list of things I wanna skim (NOT read I keep telling myself, just highlights) then I'm quitting by 4 or 5pm. I just want this to be over!

I'm glad I started this thread so we can all commiserate. I fell asleep on my last part of review last night, so I'm going to finish my review, do some pharm cards, and wrap up some little details and then stop at like 3-4 pm! :thumbup:

I'm keeping this page open btw so I can stay calm and stay connected with y'all. :laugh:

-edit-

BassPlease, I totally felt/feel the same way. I'm sitting here doubting if I know anything at all.... And yes, I'm totally burnt out. A part of me just wants to get this over with.

I'm about to head out for a couple hours, do a dry run to my test site, and make some jewelry. I'll be back, though, still gotta deal with those equations ughh

FWIW, I got 214 on NBME 11 3 weeks ago, and then the same score again on 7 10 days ago (I think my anxiety got the best of me). So, for the record, I'm not going in with a super crazy prep scores, but I've done a ton of UW, improved a lot on there, got an 80% on free 150 and am hoping for the best. Thank goodness for non-competitive ambitions :p

I'm about to head out for a couple hours, do a dry run to my test site, and make some jewelry. I'll be back, though, still gotta deal with those equations ughh

FWIW, I got 214 on NBME 11 3 weeks ago, and then the same score again on 7 10 days ago (I think my anxiety got the best of me). So, for the record, I'm not going in with a super crazy prep scores, but I've done a ton of UW, improved a lot on there, got an 80% on free 150 and am hoping for the best. Thank goodness for non-competitive ambitions :p

Good luck BassPlease! All you can do is try your best.

Good luck tomorrow everyone in here. I just wanted to say that the best thing I did in the days leading up to my test was take the day before mostly off. When I started the test I felt refreshed and ready to go, which was nice since studying for so many hours had really beaten me down that last week.

Also, I had no problem recalling facts during the test even though in those days leading up to the test I felt like I was forgetting everything. So don't worry, you aren't really forgetting it all! Try and relax today and good luck!

Good luck BassPlease! All you can do is try your best.
Thanks :) I know I'm low by SDN standards (and I guess even below avg for Step 1) but I'm an average student and just don't do well with mass minutia... I'm looking forward to having Step 1 behind me so I can finally rock on the floors!

Nearing the end guys.... aah!

Yeaaahhhhh done with this test!!! Started at 930 and just finished!! Will post experience when I get home. Typing it on my phone is near possible. Congratulations to all of us who took it today!! *high five*

Yeaaahhhhh done with this test!!! Started at 930 and just finished!! Will post experience when I get home. Typing it on my phone is near possible. Congratulations to all of us who took it today!! *high five*

Yup! Me too! We should hash it out here later on. :D