Where O Where??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbhbrown

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of some non-religious medical missions that pre-med/med students can join? either domestic or international????

Members don't see this ad.

mbhbrown said:
Does anybody know of some non-religious medical missions that pre-med/med students can join? either domestic or international????

docare does a lot of missions.

I am doing one through them to peru this March.

I've spent a few months on medical missions but all of mine were with Christian organizations. I did go with Medical Ministry International, www.mmint.org. They allow non-Christians to volunteer and it certainly wasn't uncommon to have non-Christians or people of other religions work with us. I think they are an excellent organization and you can be valuable even if you're not involved with the "ministry" part. We appreciate all hands and everybody is very friendly. I've been with the Dominican republic team a few times and it's wonderful. The Latin American choices are good simply because airfare is cheaper. I would really encourage you to check it out, even though it is a religious organization.

*feel free to PM me with questions*