Jun 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I just took my DAT yesterday and am very happy to have scored an AA of 23 (Bio 22, GC 23, OC 25, PAT 24, QR 20, RC 26)! Now I'm motivated to start narrowing down my list of schools to apply to but there are so many resources I was hoping to get a few people's opinions. I know I'd like a school with a smaller class size but other than that I'm very open. Any schools you'd recommend? Or any criteria I should look for in a school? Thanks!

gangazi

2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
what is your list of schools

OP
M
Jun 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
So far the schools on my radar are Colorado (that's in state for me), Iowa, North Carolina, UCSF, Utah, Uconn... As you can probably see I'm a little all over the place!

Meeza

5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2014
Status
Dental Student
So far the schools on my radar are Colorado (that's in state for me), Iowa, North Carolina, UCSF, Utah, Uconn... As you can probably see I'm a little all over the place!
It's quite late to apply OOS to North Carolina. Other than that, Those all sound wonderful. Are you looking for more clinical or research based schools? It's a matter of where you'll be happy, since your stats are strong. Congrats!

Edit: UAB has a small class size of 60. I hear Louisville or UK also do, but can't recall which!

AN4TOMY

2+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I just took my DAT yesterday and am very happy to have scored an AA of 23 (Bio 22, GC 23, OC 25, PAT 24, QR 20, RC 26)! Now I'm motivated to start narrowing down my list of schools to apply to but there are so many resources I was hoping to get a few people's opinions. I know I'd like a school with a smaller class size but other than that I'm very open. Any schools you'd recommend? Or any criteria I should look for in a school? Thanks!
I'm an undergrad currently in Colorado. Love seeing people from CO get killer DAT scores, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: Meeza
OP
M
Jun 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
It's quite late to apply OOS to North Carolina. Other than that, Those all sound wonderful. Are you looking for more clinical or research based schools? It's a matter of where you'll be happy, since your stats are strong. Congrats!

Edit: UAB has a small class size of 60. I hear Louisville or UK also do, but can't recall which!
Thank you! I actually took my DAT really early (I'm going into my junior year) and won't apply until next spring/summer so I have plenty of time.

In doing a little more looking around yesterday I'm thinking some other priorities of mine are a clinically based school where clinicals are incorporated into the curriculum as soon as possible (I do not want to be stuck in the classroom for two years without touching a handpiece!). Also, I don't know what the scholarship situation is with dental schools but I was wondering if there are any schools that give good scholarships...?