Where should I apply/Chance Me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AU_Dental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking at reapplying after being waitlisted at the two schools I interviewed at this past cycle and would like to know some schools I should apply to!

3.24 Undergrad cumulative GPA (3.21 Science undergrad)
4.0 Master's Science and Cumulative GPA

DAT: 24 AA, 24 TS, 18 PAT, 28 Bio, 26 Gen Chem, 21 Orgo, 16 QR, 27 RC

Shadowing hours: ~75 (still currently shadowing, total as of today)
Volunteering hours: ~60 (actively volunteering still)

GTA for Histology and previously embryology, taught general bio 2 years and general chemistry for 1 year in undergrad. Started my own peer-advising program within my master's program department. Research for 1 year in two different labs (total of two years). Volunteered at a clinic for low-income individuals.

Planning to reapply to the schools I was waitlisted at but wondering about any additional suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Suprised you didn't get in this year. I would say your shadowing/ volunteering hours are low.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking at reapplying after being waitlisted at the two schools I interviewed at this past cycle and would like to know some schools I should apply to!

3.24 Undergrad cumulative GPA (3.21 Science undergrad)
4.0 Master's Science and Cumulative GPA

DAT: 24 AA, 24 TS, 18 PAT, 28 Bio, 26 Gen Chem, 21 Orgo, 16 QR, 27 RC

Shadowing hours: ~75 (still currently shadowing, total as of today)
Volunteering hours: ~60 (actively volunteering still)

GTA for Histology and previously embryology, taught general bio 2 years and general chemistry for 1 year in undergrad. Started my own peer-advising program within my master's program department. Research for 1 year in two different labs (total of two years). Volunteered at a clinic for low-income individuals.

Planning to reapply to the schools I was waitlisted at but wondering about any additional suggestions!
Surprised you didn’t get in, but have you thought about going back to the schools and asking them what would make you a stronger candidate. Where were some of your weakness and what would they like to see you improve... go straight to the horses mouth....how many schools did you apply to?

overall good **** on your dat but maybe a 16 in qr might have raised some flags too

The schools I interviewed at made no mention of the QR score and said my DAT was "Fantastic" so I don't think that was the problem

Surprised you didn’t get in, but have you thought about going back to the schools and asking them what would make you a stronger candidate. Where were some of your weakness and what would they like to see you improve... go straight to the horses mouth....how many schools did you apply to?

As far as I can tell, they won't tell me what I did wrong since I technically haven't been rejected. I applied to 7 schools last time.

The schools I interviewed at made no mention of the QR score and said my DAT was "Fantastic" so I don't think that was the problem

As far as I can tell, they won't tell me what I did wrong since I technically haven't been rejected. I applied to 7 schools last time.[/
So you haven’t gotten any rejections yet from any of the other schools? How many did you Have interviews? If you didn’t have interviews somewhere call them and ask what would make you stronger. Or you may be apply to the wrong schools. What I mean is schools that basically only take in state, and if you’re not from that state or area good chances they won’t look at you.