Where should i apply early decision (next cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhearter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

So I was thinking maybe next year I'll apply early decision to someplace.

Which schools do you of that are really good for apply to early decision for?

I have a 3.45/34Q. good ECs. clinical experiences. research work. apparently good letters.

working on a one-year masters right now. hoping for good grades by the end of it (may)

thinking also of retaking the MCAT - aim for 37+

thoughts on whether i should retake. or just apply.

i really would go to just about any US-MD school which accepts Canadians.

Next, you are Canadian and would be considered OOS everywhere.....and your stats are not that impressive...

A 3.45 GPA is not gonna cut it. MCAT is solid.......but

Hi guys,

So I was thinking maybe next year I'll apply early decision to someplace.

Which schools do you of that are really good for apply to early decision for?

I have a 3.45/34Q. good ECs. clinical experiences. research work. apparently good letters.

working on a one-year masters right now. hoping for good grades by the end of it (may)

thinking also of retaking the MCAT - aim for 37+

thoughts on whether i should retake. or just apply.

i really would go to just about any US-MD school which accepts Canadians.

If you have to ask which school you should apply to Early Decision, then you shouldn't be applying early decision.

EDP is for if you have your heart set on one particular school and have good reason for it (e.g. spouse works in the area), and may help your chances at that one school.

However, if you're just looking to get in anywhere EDP is a bad idea, the amount it helps you at one school is no where near worth how much it hurts you to be sending in your primary to all other schools in October

If you have to ask which school you should apply to Early Decision, then you shouldn't be applying early decision.

EDP is for if you have your heart set on one particular school and have good reason for it (e.g. spouse works in the area), and may help your chances at that one school.

However, if you're just looking to get in anywhere EDP is a bad idea, the amount it helps you at one school is no where near worth how much it hurts you to be sending in your primary to all other schools in October

This