1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

where should I apply?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Medschooldreamer, Jul 26, 2000.

1. Medschooldreamer

10+ Year Member

I am a Canadian applying to US medical schools, however I am not sure what schools I should apply to. I want to apply to a minimum of 10 schools, could you suggest some schools?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mvalento

mvalento Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    your best bet would be private schools- however, at many schools it is difficlut for non-U.S. residents to get in. i'm not sure if this applies to Canadian residents or not. but here are some private schools i would suggest looking into. (it is kind of tough to say without knowing your credentials (GPA, MCAT, extra-curricualrs, etc.) but if you are fairly strong then consider these)

loyola-chicago, wake forest, tufts, tulane, emory, northwestern, washington u, georgetown, dartmouth, vanderbilt, cornell, duke, new york university, rochester

these are some of the schools that i have either applied to or seriously considered. there are many more! the princeton review guide to medical schools is a good source, and i think it gives information for international applicants. good luck!