where should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medschooldreamer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Canadian applying to US medical schools, however I am not sure what schools I should apply to. I want to apply to a minimum of 10 schools, could you suggest some schools?

Members don't see this ad.

your best bet would be private schools- however, at many schools it is difficlut for non-U.S. residents to get in. i'm not sure if this applies to Canadian residents or not. but here are some private schools i would suggest looking into. (it is kind of tough to say without knowing your credentials (GPA, MCAT, extra-curricualrs, etc.) but if you are fairly strong then consider these)

loyola-chicago, wake forest, tufts, tulane, emory, northwestern, washington u, georgetown, dartmouth, vanderbilt, cornell, duke, new york university, rochester

these are some of the schools that i have either applied to or seriously considered. there are many more! the princeton review guide to medical schools is a good source, and i think it gives information for international applicants. good luck!