Where the heck are the interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinpoint212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So would you say most of the interviews start rolling in during October and November? I applied to 7 schools along the east coast and I have yet to hear back from one. It's getting depressing checking my e-mail every few hours, telemarketers from NY and Virginia area calling me with an unknown number, and SDNers getting interviews NYU, Temple, VCU, etc. in the sticky.

Anyone feel me on this one? Damn telemarketers give me a heart attack every time they call..

I hate this waiting game.

Members don't see this ad.

same here.. i've been waiting for 2 month now..

still pretty early in the app process. So just wait it out. It's not over yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too noticed the correlation between clicking 'submit' and the exponential increase in telemarketing calls and unfamiliar area codes. I only applied to a handful (or 2) of schools so I memorized area codes and exchanges for my realistic schools. That kept me from tearing out of the room in the middle of biochm or something. That worked great until my most important acceptance call was from a cell phone. But that's a good surprise.

The cycle is far from over. Hang in there.

I too noticed the correlation between clicking 'submit' and the exponential increase in telemarketing calls and unfamiliar area codes. I only applied to a handful (or 2) of schools so I memorized area codes and exchanges for my realistic schools. That kept me from tearing out of the room in the middle of biochm or something. That worked great until my most important acceptance call was from a cell phone. But that's a good surprise.

The cycle is far from over. Hang in there.

Ok this is the worst. I was in class at 830pm and i got a call from a random area code and i was like OMG COULD IT BE!?!?!!!
....................really tho? At 830pm. Fml. Ive gone nuts.

I feel like most schools send interview invites via email, no?

relax! there is still time.. when did you send out your app? and what were your stats? its so hard to go back to all your post and keep track of it..lol i know how you feel, haha, enjoy the journey to success

I have a 3.40 bcp, 3.41 science, 3.45 overall. 19AA 19TS 21PAT.

I'm basically and average joe in this application cycle.

hahahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one freaking out

as long as we dont read that sticky for accepted/interview 2012-2013 thread... i read it and my heart sunk.

as long as we dont read that sticky for accepted/interview 2012-2013 thread... i read it and my heart sunk.

lolll i read it all the time. i really do think maybe certain schools have filters for ppl with 3.7+ gpas and great dat scores, and invite them first, despite that they may have applied later then lower gpa applicants.
and then i think once they go thru all the higher gpa applicants......they go thru the lower gpa and dat score applicants....at least i think thats how it worked at some schools. so perhaps we just need to wait patiently.......or were screwed.

lolll i read it all the time. i really do think maybe certain schools have filters for ppl with 3.7+ gpas and great dat scores, and invite them first, despite that they may have applied later then lower gpa applicants.
and then i think once they go thru all the higher gpa applicants......they go thru the lower gpa and dat score applicants....at least i think thats how it worked at some schools. so perhaps we just need to wait patiently.......or were screwed.

not true.

Members don't see this ad :)
not true.

You don't know this isn't true, just as she can't know it is true. Since none of us are part of admission committees the best we can do is speculate. Everyone on here pretends they know how this whole process works, but the truth is they don't. I know it makes us feel better to try to make sense of how selections are made, but we will never really know for sure. For every conclusion anyone has ever come to regarding the selection process, that they think is fact, someone else has a story or personal experience to contradict it. My advice to everyone is to take everything read with a grain of salt, and to keep in mind any advice shared on this forum is opinion.

You don't know this isn't true, just as she can't know it is true. Since none of us are part of admission committees the best we can do is speculate. Everyone on here pretends they know how this whole process works, but the truth is they don't. I know it makes us feel better to try to make sense of how selections are made, but we will never really know for sure. For every conclusion anyone has ever come to regarding the selection process, that they think is fact, someone else has a story or personal experience to contradict it. My advice to everyone is to take everything read with a grain of salt, and to keep in mind any advice shared on this forum is opinion.

yup yup. which is why i said "I THINK" multiple times in my statementttt, but i think flipflopreverse mustve just been reading fast and missed that part of my comment.

It's true. Absolutely no one knows how schools work. Even if they have some mystical set of 'rules', they're going to do whatever they want and we can just keep guessing. 'Red flag' and 'cutoffs' get thrown around here like people know what they're talking about. I hardly know what I'm talking about. I'm not even going to pretend that I know anything for sure. Because I don't. But I've done more digging than the average Joe. If your up for just another opinion on how some of this works, visit my post from earlier. There's some stuff you've probably never heard.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=13096042&postcount=20

Still no interviews/rejections for me either! Glad I'm not the only one. I was beginning to freak out!

This is what I'd do...first figure out what batch your application was in (and make sure your school received everything along with your primaries). Look through SDN and find people who are receiving interviews from the schools you have applied to. If you know what batch those people are in....you can figure out if your application has been tossed into a "look later" pile or not(as in adcoms didn't get to it yet).

I'm not trying to freak you out. If I was in your position and somehow found out that my application already got deferred, I'd probably go visit a career center to figure out what I can improve on immediately,

Last edited:
yup yup. which is why i said "I THINK" multiple times in my statementttt, but i think flipflopreverse mustve just been reading fast and missed that part of my comment.

lol..yes. I was reading your post too quickly. And yes I agree that we can't predict what the adcoms think..I am getting frustrated as well because I am not getting interviews (at least from the schools that I want) :(

I have given up checking my mail box and emails.