buggy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hi! I'm looking for those blue disposable shoe covers (they're used in hospitals) all over but never found any. :( If you know where I can buy them, please let me know! Thx!!

Daiphon

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
The Windy City
Status
Attending Physician
just "borrow" some from the hospital... o/w check out a surgical supply store...

About the Ads

southerndoc

life is good
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Atlanta
Status
Attending Physician
Most hospitals won't allow you to wear them outside the OR. I highly suggest investing in a pair of Dansko's or similar clogs. They're very comfortable, stain-resistant, and easily washed. Plus you can slip them on very easily when you're so rudely awakened at 3 am by your beeper for a new admission.

flighterdoc

Rocket Scientist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2003
Slipping the Surly Bonds of Earth
Visit site
Status
southerndoc said:
Most hospitals won't allow you to wear them outside the OR. I highly suggest investing in a pair of Dansko's or similar clogs. They're very comfortable, stain-resistant, and easily washed. Plus you can slip them on very easily when you're so rudely awakened at 3 am by your beeper for a new admission.
Yeah. Most hospitals will require you to have both closed toe and heel shoes, too, so dont get the sandals.

doc05

2K Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
U.S.A.
Visit site
Status
buggy said:
Hi! I'm looking for those blue disposable shoe covers (they're used in hospitals) all over but never found any. :( If you know where I can buy them, please let me know! Thx!!
why would you ever need shoe covers outside the hospital?

-maybe I shouldn't ask ;)

B

Blade28

Yeah, usually you only need them for the OR or when delivering in L&D. Otherwise...you wouldn't wear them, right?

About the Ads