• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

buggy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hi! I'm looking for those blue disposable shoe covers (they're used in hospitals) all over but never found any. :( If you know where I can buy them, please let me know! Thx!!

Daiphon

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
The Windy City
Status
Attending Physician
just "borrow" some from the hospital... o/w check out a surgical supply store...

About the Ads

southerndoc

life is good
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Atlanta
Status
Attending Physician
Most hospitals won't allow you to wear them outside the OR. I highly suggest investing in a pair of Dansko's or similar clogs. They're very comfortable, stain-resistant, and easily washed. Plus you can slip them on very easily when you're so rudely awakened at 3 am by your beeper for a new admission.

flighterdoc

Rocket Scientist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2003
Slipping the Surly Bonds of Earth
Visit site
Status
southerndoc said:
Most hospitals won't allow you to wear them outside the OR. I highly suggest investing in a pair of Dansko's or similar clogs. They're very comfortable, stain-resistant, and easily washed. Plus you can slip them on very easily when you're so rudely awakened at 3 am by your beeper for a new admission.
Yeah. Most hospitals will require you to have both closed toe and heel shoes, too, so dont get the sandals.

doc05

2K Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
U.S.A.
Visit site
Status
buggy said:
Hi! I'm looking for those blue disposable shoe covers (they're used in hospitals) all over but never found any. :( If you know where I can buy them, please let me know! Thx!!
why would you ever need shoe covers outside the hospital?

-maybe I shouldn't ask ;)

B

Blade28

Yeah, usually you only need them for the OR or when delivering in L&D. Otherwise...you wouldn't wear them, right?

About the Ads