where to do observation hours w/ a dental hygienist in the dallas/plano area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ale0

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I live in Allen, TX right next to plano & mckinney. I'm a pre-dental hygiene student looking for an opportunity to complete some observation hours w/ a dental hygienist and get to know better the career but i'm having trouble finding one that accepts me. does anyone know of any dentists in the plano/mckinney area that are open to pre dental hygiene students to come in and observe??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can start by getting a prophy done at an office that employs a dh.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I live in Allen, TX right next to plano & mckinney. I'm a pre-dental hygiene student looking for an opportunity to complete some observation hours w/ a dental hygienist and get to know better the career but i'm having trouble finding one that accepts me. does anyone know of any dentists in the plano/mckinney area that are open to pre dental hygiene students to come in and observe??

Dossett dental

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also from Allen actually, grew up off Allen Heights. Small world.

Cold call offices, but I'd also second the above; go get a prophy done and then ask if you can shadow them. They'd be loath to say no in the moment.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user