Where to find a list of Med School Requirements

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have searched the internet, to find a quick list of medical school who DON'T put a lot of emphisis on grades (in the US), but can't seem to find on, does anyone know where I could go? Thanks for help in advance

bewitched1081

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2004
Status (Visible)
up to a certain point all medical schools emphasize good grades. i dont know of any particular medical schools that dont look at grades as being very important, but you might want to look at the gpa averages for entering students at schools in which you are interested. just do a search of the schools and you can usually find that information. they usually have a mission statement on their sites as well. you might gain some insight into what they are looking for in applicants from there.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Decent grades are always required because they demonstrate you can get through the tough medical school courses.

About the Ads

Robz

La Vie Boheme
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2003
Drinking Texas Tea
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Some interesting books out there are the MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements) and the Princeton Revew's Complete Books of Medical Schools. They both have admissions data and average scores.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.