Where to find cheap insturments.

fizzbot

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
    Hi, you can probably guess my dilemma. I am a poor M1 and I need to pick up some cheap insturments, specifically a stethoscope and possibly ophthalmoscope. Any ideas? If there is a previous thread about this I apologize, I hope everyone is doing well, its hard to get back into the swing of things after break
    sincerely,
    the fizz

Emergency!

10+ Year Member
    Jul 20, 2004
    Michigan
    1. Attending Physician
      If you HAVE to have an ophthalmoscope, I suggest Ebay. As for stethoscopes . . . this is one area that it is probably well worthwhile to invest in a good one that you will use for years. There are a number of websites that sell high quality stethoscopes for cheaper than what you can find them in medical supply stores. I have also seen reasonable deals on Ebay. Allheart.com has pretty good prices. ADC makes good scopes (I like them better than Littman), but Littman seems to have the corner on the med school market. I would recommend you go with at least a Littman Classic II or comparable scope in another brand for now if you absolutely can't bring yourself to fork out over a hundred bucks for a good cardiology scope.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.