Where to find the dental school prereq book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speedypear

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Does anyone know where I can find the book that lists all the prerequisite classes for all the dental schools? Thanks a lot! :)

Members don't see this ad.

speedypear said:
Hello!
Does anyone know where I can find the book that lists all the prerequisite classes for all the dental schools? Thanks a lot! :)

Go here... http://www.adea.org

and then select "Official Guide to Dental Schools" under the ADEA Publications section. It's a really good book that outlines requirements for each school as well as several other aspects regarding applying to dental school.

Another good place to check is to download the AADSAS Application Instructions. They tell you LOR requirements, etc...
http://www.adea.org/AADSAS/2005Application/Applicants/Applicants.html

Good luck!

speedypear said:
Hello!

I don't know of any book that has that info, but I do know that the ASDA (American Student Dental Association) has a booklet with exactly that info -- but you have to be a memeber to get it.

In the meantime... You know you are going to need Bio, Chem, OChem, and Physics with some labs. For the specifics on how many semesters of each or what additional science classes you may need, check out the websites of the schools you think you'd like to apply to. That information is almost always there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the link! Are most of the prereqs for each school are about the same, for example, 1 year each of Bio, Phys, Calc, Chem, Ochem...they won't be drastically different? Thanks again for your help.

I have both the ASDA and ADEA books.....I recommend them both. As far as pre req's go....most schools are the same, but a few require extra classes like biochem (Tufts) or anatomy (IU)