Where to get Goljan's NEWEST Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Off2Oz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where/how to get ahold of Goljan's 100 page notes?

Specifically, I want to get the MOST RECENT notes. I know you can download the 2002 edition illegally, but I'd prefer the newest ones (even if I have to fork out cash).

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

buy his new book, or you could check ebay, i found a sweet secret transcript of his audio for about $20. Instead of taking 37 hours to listen to him, i can read the highlights in about 3!

Rockin. Thanks for the info, guys. Now I've just got to decide on whether to get BRS in addition to RR.

I suppose it'll be a little more than 100 pages. Doh. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't taken step 1 yet, but from doing a lot of reading and research - and using both books myself - i can tell you that you DO NOT need BRS and RR path together. i'm told BRS is sufficient, and it worked for me for my path class, but since moving to RR i must say it blows BRS out of the water in terms of clarity, integration, digestability, etc. but, its up to you which you prefer - but just chose one or the other and stick to it.

best

I also agree that there is no need to do BRS and RR together. I just used RR and it was amazing. You just have to do what works best for you but also do not create too much work for yourself.

Hi, this is a noobie question, but is the new RR you guys referring to this?

http://us.elsevierhealth.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780323044141

And am I correct to infer that it has all goljan notes (found on the net) integrated into the one book?

So in essence, is the new RR a combination of: goljan pathology + notes + audio lectures ??

Sounds like a bargain... (given my assumptions are indeed true...)

Hi, this is a noobie question, but is the new RR you guys referring to this?

http://us.elsevierhealth.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780323044141

And am I correct to infer that it has all goljan notes (found on the net) integrated into the one book?

So in essence, is the new RR a combination of: goljan pathology + notes + audio lectures ??

Sounds like a bargain... (given my assumptions are indeed true...)
yes

know it inside out and u should be good for path

yeah i was kind of curious about this...

where are these 100 page Goljan notes, and the Goljan audio from?

Is it part of a CD included in rapid review Path?

all black-market/bootleg stuff from someone who took his Kaplan course around 02/03
so one guy/gal made copies and put them up on the net..........how much money do you think goljan lost cuz of the copies?

so one guy/gal made copies and put them up on the net..........how much money do you think goljan lost cuz of the copies?
Well he was never selling any audio copies of his lectures....and I agree that its a shame in some ways for him....however he is probably the most recognized name in board prep WORLD-wide...you should take a look at some of the IMG sites w/ people all around the world praising him. Also, I don't think his book sales would be nearly what they are w/o it. I guess the only loss is some potential students who would have taken the $$6,000 kaplan retreat that had him for one week out of the 6 or so weeks.....but would also argue that people would go to it solely for him b/c they have heard his stuff.

He's also probably not too happy that people around the world know so much about his personal life and all of his jokes....

Well he was never selling any audio copies of his lectures....and I agree that its a shame in some ways for him....however he is probably the most recognized name in board prep WORLD-wide...you should take a look at some of the IMG sites w/ people all around the world praising him. Also, I don't think his book sales would be nearly what they are w/o it. I guess the only loss is some potential students who would have taken the $$6,000 kaplan retreat that had him for one week out of the 6 or so weeks.....but would also argue that people would go to it solely for him b/c they have heard his stuff.

He's also probably not too happy that people around the world know so much about his personal life and all of his jokes....

why doesn't he sue the people selling it on ebay? obviously it could still be spread via torrent and other file-sharing programs, but it doesn't seem that he cares all that much...

thx for the link..i'll be updating my RR over the summer ..as well as going over the SDN thread of RR errors...right before i take path in the fall
or u could get his new RR path book coming out in the fall........or so I hear

why doesn't he sue the people selling it on ebay? obviously it could still be spread via torrent and other file-sharing programs, but it doesn't seem that he cares all that much...
it isn't just one person, in which case, there's an option to sue.......there are hundreds of these guys..........each selling stuff for around $2.......hardly worth it to get a lawyer and sue each one of them.........especially since they aren't the only way to get the materials (like you said, torrents and other sharers will still do the damage).........basically, just not worth it

he did exactly what a good businessman would do - combine all the material (500, 300, 200, 100, 44, 36 pg HYs) into one brand new book..........I for one, would gladly pay $35 for the brand new book with latest info rather than go for the old audio/notes.........once again, proving that goljan is the man :)

of course, he's also gonna make damn sure there's no e-copy of his book floating around or else, the ripping off would start all over again

or u could get his new RR path book coming out in the fall........or so I hear

He's coming out with a 3rd Edition for 2007? Darn, I'm a first year and I just bought the 2nd Edition (2006)... We do the first ~30-40% of Path as first years here so I guess it's not a total waste.

The 3rd edition is available now. I just ordered it through Amazon

ur joking right, why would they waste money publishing/printing a new edition of a Step 1 review book 6 months later (or even a year for that matter)?; i'm sure the 2nd ed. is gonna be the only one for a while and will sell very well

The 3rd edition is available now. I just ordered it through Amazon

I just searched Amazon, and only came up with the 2nd edition (Nov '06). Where did you see a 3rd edition?

He's coming out with a 3rd Edition for 2007? Darn, I'm a first year and I just bought the 2nd Edition (2006)... We do the first ~30-40% of Path as first years here so I guess it's not a total waste.
I've read that there was gonna be a reprint to fix the errors in the 2nd edition (which are posted on his website)....so I'm assuming thats what this is all about...