organdonor

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2009
Midwest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So I've started filling up my office for my attending job. It seems customary to hang Med school and or residency diplomas at your office, but my office will have heavy patient foot traffic right outside the door and this just seems like kind of a gamble. I wouldn't want to lose my $250,000 piece of paper!

I also have a home office. I'm thinking of hanging the originals in my home office and color copies at my work office. Any other new docs have opinions?

septoplasty

Exceptional
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2010
Call Room
Status
Attending Physician
Probably don't want to hang it if you don't need to. Or just make a colour copy and buy a decent frame and put it up.. virtually no one I know puts the original documents in their office.

VA Hopeful Dr

15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Probably don't want to hang it if you don't need to. Or just make a colour copy and buy a decent frame and put it up.. virtually no one I know puts the original documents in their office.
Really? Pretty much everyone I know puts the originals up

About the Ads

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
So I've started filling up my office for my attending job. It seems customary to hang Med school and or residency diplomas at your office, but my office will have heavy patient foot traffic right outside the door and this just seems like kind of a gamble. I wouldn't want to lose my $250,000 piece of paper!

I also have a home office. I'm thinking of hanging the originals in my home office and color copies at my work office. Any other new docs have opinions?
Mine are at home. I tried hanging it at the office but I had staffing issues who were vandalizing my stuff. I took everything home. I don't leave anything at the office.

ChrisMack390

2+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)

Are you worried about a patient stealing your diploma?

Hamhock

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
Why does anyone hang their diploma in their office?

HH

simpler2

person
10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I prefer Kanye West's suggestion that you use it as personal insulation, maybe line your pants in the winter.
"Because when I die, buddy, you know
What going to keep me warm, that right, those degrees"

About the Ads