Where to Include NASM Personal Training Certification on new AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bosox14

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just have a quick question about listing a personal training certification on the new AADSAS application. It appears there will be an area to list certifications, according to the recently released directions, however the directions only list dental related example credentials under this heading. I was wondering if you think it would be appropriate to list the NASM certification under this heading as well, despite the lack of non-dental examples provided, or do you think there's a better place to put it? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Right my bad, I must have forgot that there is zero patient interaction in dental field. Guess all the client interaction as a personal trainer then is pretty much useless for a dental career. It's unfortunate none of the systematic functional anatomy that I had to learn will be cross applicable to dental school either. I guess I didn't realize they had cut out human anatomy from the dental school course load. On the plus side I guess that means at least next year will be a bit easier. Anyway, that aside, if anyone else actually has a useful suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Forgive my ignorance as I'm not familiar with th American application system . Weird that they require listed certifications to be dentistry related .

There must be an area for employment though right ? Maybe emphasize it in your employment history . So much useful stuff in personal training .

Interpersonal interaction , working with diverse populations and adapting training to clients with differing goals etc . Lots of people i know worked as a personal tRainer befor med school or Physio school
On a side note , was it hard getting certified ?

Right my bad, I must have forgot that there is zero patient interaction in dental field. Guess all the client interaction as a personal trainer then is pretty much useless for a dental career. It's unfortunate none of the systematic functional anatomy that I had to learn will be cross applicable to dental school either. I guess I didn't realize they had cut out human anatomy from the dental school course load. On the plus side I guess that means at least next year will be a bit easier. Anyway, that aside, if anyone else actually has a useful suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It's irrelevant.

You want a useful suggestion? Don't list it as a certification, the directions were loud and clear to put only dental related certifications.

You should really mention it as a work experience.