Where to list a conference in AADSAS...responses much appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teeth12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to all, and sorry for those who have already applied and hate all us noobs right now :D
I have a few questions that I will bulk into one thread because I don't want to keep creating separate threads. Also, I've searched these and did not find any of the answers helpful so please bear with me!!!

1) I did two internships in high school (hospital-type internships) and yes I know high school things are usually not valuable but if it's related to health, is it ok if I include them? I don't discuss them in my personal statement.

2) I have zero awards and academic enrichment programs. I don't want to write down high school awards. I have a publication in a research journal and I've heard that some people list pubs as an honor. Part of me wants to list it as an honor just for the sake of having ONE honor, but at the same time, putting it under research makes sense.

3) FINALLY, I attended a week-long conference on TB/HIV. Where is the best place to list this?

THANKS in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello to all, and sorry for those who have already applied and hate all us noobs right now :D
I have a few questions that I will bulk into one thread because I don't want to keep creating separate threads. Also, I've searched these and did not find any of the answers helpful so please bear with me!!!

1) I did two internships in high school (hospital-type internships) and yes I know high school things are usually not valuable but if it's related to health, is it ok if I include them? I don't discuss them in my personal statement.

sounds like an academically enriching program to me..

2) I have zero awards and academic enrichment programs. I don't want to write down high school awards. I have a publication in a research journal and I've heard that some people list pubs as an honor. Part of me wants to list it as an honor just for the sake of having ONE honor, but at the same time, putting it under research makes sense.

yes. research.

3) FINALLY, I attended a week-long conference on TB/HIV. Where is the best place to list this?

academic enrichment.

THANKS in advance!!!

see above.

see above.

Thank you for your response!

Just one more question though - on AADSAS it says that academic enrichment programs are aimed at disadvantaged students. I'm not disadvantaged...the internships and conference were not specifically geared for disadvantaged students. Can I still list them as academic enrichment?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response!

Just one more question though - on AADSAS it says that academic enrichment programs are aimed at disadvantaged students. I'm not disadvantaged...the internships and conference were not specifically geared for disadvantaged students. Can I still list them as academic enrichment?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=826577

Better to leave it blank than to grab for straws.