Where to live at Robert Wood J?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jam128

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I've been accepted to Robert Wood Johnson. And though I am on a couple of waitlists (NYU and New Jersey Med) and waiting to hear back from a couple of other schools, I might end up going to Robert Wood because their prematriculation summer program starts in June and I want to attend that.
I will most likely get married during med school education, so I'd like to get a 1 bedroom apartment for me and my fiancee. I'll be matriculating in Piscataway, and we DON'T HAVE A CAR right now. Can someone recommend nice places to live, and how to go about getting them? WE know nothing about New Jersey, but want to start looking for housing soon.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi:)
I live in New Brunswick now and go to Rutgers (right accross the river from RWJ). It's gonna be hard getting around this area without a car, to be honest. I'm not sure how you'd manage food shopping and stuff like that, all the stores aren't really accessible unless you have a car.

One of your options to get to school if you don't have a car, you could live in New Brunswick (more collegy) or highland park (nicer but more expensive) and take the Rutgers Bus system to RWJ. It'd be pretty doable actually, as UMDNJ is right next to Rutgers busch campus. I honestly can't think of where you could live within walking distance, but it might be possible. I would call the student affairs office and ask them what they think. If you need any more info feel free to pm me.

How far is New Brunswick and Highland Park from Piscataway?

The summer program provides housing in Rutgers apts? How are those?

I'd appreciate any more replies with info.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
as far as not having a car, i don't know...but i'm going to attend RWJ and it seems there is no shortage of housing in the area...go to the rutgers website and look for the housing page...there's a bunch of opportunities.

New Brunswick and Highland Park are both on the border of Piscataway. Rutgers is in both New Brunswick and Piscataway and RWJ first two years are in Piscataway and RWJ Hospital is in New Brunswick. In other words, they are all really close to each other but it's not like you can walk from one to the other (they are separated by main roads and the raritan river). You'd have to drive or take the bus. The only real housing in piscatatway is either on campus like you said or not accessible by the Rutgers bus system.

The apartments they are talking about for the summer are decent, you'd be happy with them. They have a kitchen, living area, and bedrooms (usually 2 bedroom the ones I've seen).

Like the above poster said, there is a bunch of housing around here and you could check out the Rutgers website....here check out this link...

<a href="http://ruoffcampus.rutgers.edu/Search/searchesblue.html" target="_blank">http://ruoffcampus.rutgers.edu/Search/searchesblue.html</a>