Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Where to live when attending Mt Sinai?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by premedmijo, May 14, 2001.

1. premedmijo

premedmijo Senior Member

How expensive is housing in Manhattan? Do most students live in campus housing?null

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. caffeinegirl

Physician

Attending Physician
    Live in the subsidized apartments that Mount Sinai has! They are just BEAUTIFUL!!! Most students live there, and the building has a wonderful view of Central Park!!
    :)

4. Mikado

Mikado Senior Member

"How expensive is housing in Manhatten?"

Ha Ha Ha Ha. Ha . Ha Ha. Ha.

5. Mikado

Mikado Senior Member

Not only is Manhatten "housing" (overpriced roach infested shoeboxs) extremely expensive - it is also unbelievably hard to find.

You know the way people talk about how med school is much harder than college. Well going from regular real estate to Manhatten real estate is like going straight to med school from kindergarten.

Take Caffeinegirl's advice or you will sorely regret it. Good luck and welcome to the rotten apple.

6. riverweb

riverweb Member

If you don't know NYC well, then start off living in the dorm. Finding an apartment in NYC is a nightmare, and it'll cost you probably $1000+ per month for a studio in a dumpy area. It's better to be close to campus and to feel safe.

Good luck.

7. KB.

KB. Junior Member

On my tour of Mount Sinai, I was told that 90% of students stay in school subsidized apartments. Single students stay in Aron hall, I believe. The suites there have 4-6 single bedrooms w/ living room and 2-3 bathrooms. I thought the building was pretty nice - doorman, work out room, basketball courts. It costs between
    $500-$600 per month, so its a steal.