jal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
Hi,
I have a question about where to physically participate in the Scramble. I will be away doing an elective rotation at a different state from my med school during Match week, so I won't be able to use my school's facilities during the Scramble. Where can I go to have all the necessary equipment (internet, phone, fax, etc.)? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Have you contacted the program where you'll be doing the elective? Surely they will have some of their own students scrambling.

If that fails, try the medical library - although they may not allow you to use the FAX.

Considering renting a computer and FAX machine and using it at your temporary residence; make sure you can use your cell phone as the line if there isn't phone and cable access there.

If all else fails, Kinkos or some other commercial business although the charges will be high.

jal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
Thanks for the advice! I hope the school that I'm rotating at will let me use their facilities and that it won't be too tied up by their own students. Otherwise, renting is also a good idea that I never thought of. Thanks again.:)

About the Ads

matt_mt19

10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Where will you be? i.e. what school? Most likely there is someone on SDN who can lead you in a good direction. Also I'm sure that there is at least a few caring physicians where you are rotating who would help you out if this does become an issue -- which it hopefully will not...

jal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
I am rotating at South Alabama. I'm sure that if I needed to use their facilities that they hopefully wouldn't mind.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.