Where to put Medical First Responder Certification in ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RTKMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any guidance on where in ERAS I should put Medical First Responder certification? I thought it would be under Licensure but looking at the details on ERAS, I think it is only for medical license. Should I put it under Membership in Professional Societies?

Members don't see this ad.

If you worked as a first responder, just list it in Work Experience (or Volunteer if you were not paid). No need to list the certification separately, you can include it in the description of the activity.

If you worked as a first responder, just list it in Work Experience (or Volunteer if you were not paid). No need to list the certification separately, you can include it in the description of the activity.
Thanks! I didn’t really work (for pay) and only did volunteered for less than a month so I don’t plan to work in the Experience section. If that’s the case, where I should I put it?

Thanks! I didn’t really work (for pay) and only did volunteered for less than a month so I don’t plan to work in the Experience section. If that’s the case, where I should I put it?
A job you did for less than a month is important why?

Reactions: 1 user
A job you did for less than a month is important why?
No need to be rude. I am not saying the job is important. I am not asking about the job. I am asking the certification.

No need to be rude. I am not saying the job is important. I am not asking about the job. I am asking the certification.
If there is no place for you to put it down in ERAS then it’s something that’s not going to make much of a difference to your application. But feel free to talk about it at interviews.

Just let it go. Not being rude. Being realistic.

If you got this certification but didn't actually do anything with it, I would leave it off. Honestly it raises more negative questions -- why didn't you do more with this?