1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Where to put research in ACCOMAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by exigente chica, Aug 9, 2006.

1. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

I have a question about where to put my research?

I did 2 summer research programs and worked on-campus for 3 years which resulted in a honors thesis.

I presented posters and gave talks at confrences for each with abstracts (4) not sure how to designate if ? I don't have that much room? SHould I clump them together under confrences or abstracts?

Do I put them under poster presentation, confrences, or just research?

confused

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. whatdapho

whatdapho MS-I
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think to avoid any redundancy, just group all those experiences under research. Since you do have space to talk about your experience, you can then state your experiences such as poster presentations and such. You don't want to have multiple entries for basically the same thing. Don't forget it's more about quality than quantity. That's my 2 cents. Hope that helps.
    Good luck

4. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

But what if I went to different confrences for each research experience?

Confused.

Title it reseach and put all 3 years there or under confrences and then explain the research?

Or just put the abstract and then explain it? :confused:

5. bsimon

bsimon Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had something similar to you when I filled it out last year. In my opinion, the fact that I did research was more important than the presentation aspect of it, so I chose to list it under research. I included "presented project at...." after the listing itself.

It would probably work either way, but that's what I did.

6. Rachael07

Rachael07 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would do a category just for your research, and then another for poster presentations, and another for conferences. That is what I did because on the AMCAS application, there were seperate headings for each, so I just seperated all three.
    From the way it seems, I feel like research is a stong section of your application--so make sure the adcom's can see that!

7. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

Thank you for you advice :D

It is somewhat important, but I am not sure if it looks redundant to use 3 seperate headings to explain it?

Should I put each research experience seperate and then include the abstracts, posters, confrences and talks that came from it for each (3)?

I feel like if I bunch all the reseach together, one it won't fit and two they are totally different disciplines? :confused: