Where to send thank you letters? (Particularly for Stony Brook)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnah18

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I did not receive a card from my interviewer and was wondering where I should send the thank you note? And who should I send it to? Only to the person who interviewed me, or the person who gave a tour, etc, etc.

And if any of you interviewed at Stony Brook specifically, where did you send it to, and how? Do you address it out to Office of Admissions - Dr. -----, or some other way?

I can really use your input. Thanks a bunch.

Members don't see this ad.

not that what I did was necessarily right but I wrote one to the dr who interviewed me and one to the dr who gave the tour/presentation. I put each of their names on the outside of an envelope and put those 2 envelopes inside another which I sent to the admissions office at stony brook (address is online at aadsas) I assume (and hope) they will give it to the two doctors.

I think doing what Orgo did is a good bet. Most admissions offices are in the building and someone would take it up to the mail room and see it gets to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed my interviewer, find his name online. I dont usually send thank you cards to the tour guide.