• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Where to stay at SIU interview

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
  1. Dental Student
Hey guys. For those of you, who already went to SIU on Nov. 14 or will go to on Nov. 24, 25, there's a question. Where/what hotels you guys stayed in before the interview so that it's cheap and close to the school. And, also, how long was the whole process (interview + school tour) ?

I'd appreciate any advice.:D

Good luck to all of us.

Last edited:

Lopyswine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Chicago, IL
  1. Dental Student
Hey guys. For those of you, who already went to SIU on Nov. 14 or will go to on Nov. 24, 25, there's a question. Where/what hotels you guys stayed in before the interview so that it's cheap and close to the school. And, also, how long was the whole process (interview + school tour) ?

I'd appreciate any advice.:D

Good luck to all of us.

there's probably some barns in the area you could sneak into.... hahahah just kidding. At UIC we love to call SIU farm dentists.

I'd look at St. Louis.

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
  1. Dental Student
there's probably some barns in the area you could sneak into.... hahahah just kidding. At UIC we love to call SIU farm dentists.

I'd look at St. Louis.

Never been there so don't know anything about farms but we'll see :) I'm more interested in school tself thou :D
I thought staying at St. Louis would be more expensive, but anyway thanks for advice.

Anybody else ?

About the Ads

bearsfan55

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2008
Chicago, IL
  1. Pre-Dental
I was there on the 14th,, i didn't stay at a hotel because my interview was at 10:30 so I just drove in that morning... In terms of how long the whole thing took.. I got there at around 10:25ish and they have you write an essay on an ethical issue and then I took my tour and came back and interviewed... the whole thing probably took about an hour and 45 minutes.. some kids interviewed b4 the tour but it just depends on when they call you in for the interview.. its not too strict with the scheduling.. good luck!!

Dr2BSoon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
Detroit
  1. Dental Student
Stay at the Holiday Inn (618-462-1220) or the Comfort Inn (618-465-9999) in Alton. They are only about a mile from the dental school. All you have to do the morning of the interview is get in your car, turn left, drive a mile, and the dental school will be there (admissions is one the right side of the road and the clinic is on the left side.) The Holiday Inn also offers a delicious breakfast. I used to live in Alton, and this is your best bet for ease on the morning of the interview, comfort, and safety.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.