where to stay for aecom (interview at main campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caligirl714

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where to stay for aecom or best method of transport to the bronx if its not safe or what not? like subway,bus, cab, whatever

cant do student host program cuz im going with someone, all i know is to land at la guardia airport

any help would be greatful
take care
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If you can afford it, I would stay in a hotel on the upper west or upper east side of manhattan. I would recommend not staying at a hotel in the bronx.

Then to get to the school, take the 2 train (from the west side) or the 5 train (from the east side) to E. 180th Street, and transfer to the Bx21 bus which is right across the street from the subway station when you exit. Save your ticket for the subway-to-bus transfer.

(When you leave the school, make sure you've brought another metrocard ticket with you, bc you can't buy it on the bus. If you don't bring a ticket with you, you have to pay $2 exact change to get on the bus, then save the ticket from the bus for your subway transfer).

Take the Bx21 bus to Eastchester ave, or whatever stop they tell you to get off to be closest to the building you need to be in.

Yeah, I would suggest staying in Manhattan. If you can;t afford the hotel (or don;t want to spend minimum 150 on a room) you can check out some of the hostels around there. As odd as it sounds, when I was there for a week on interviews, I stayed at a YMCA for 70 bucks a night. The rooms are small, but the are clean, and have a TV and a bed...all you need. That is if you don't mind common bathrooms (which are also kept very clean).

As for transportation, there is the subway, but you have to get off and then transfer to a bus. It took me about 50 minutes to do it from Midtown. There is also an express bus that runs directly from Manhattan to near campus. Not exactly sure of the number (admissions office could tell you), but I have heard it takes about a half hour.

There is a Howard Johnsoon Inn 2 miles from the campus.

Link

Its not in the nicest area, but its cheap, 67.50 a night. You can catch a cab from there to Morris Park for around 10 bucks. Not that bad. Not much to do there though and its next to the train tracks, but I didn't notice it at all. Request a room facing away from the tracks. Good luck on your interview.