Where to stay for Atlanta CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seba

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the am CS exam in ATL soon. Where is the test site and where did you stay? Whats the closest non-ghetto hotel in the area? Do you really need to study for this thing or can most US students just wing it?

Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

Perusing First Aid is recommendable. I don't think it's as much about how you can get a history and do a physical, as it is about how well can you act a part & follow a script that they expect.

Most people stay at the Best Western, Ramada, or Country Inn that are all on the same street as the test center and within walking distance.

I took it yesterday and stayed at Sleep Inn that was 2 miles away. Took me less than 3 minutes to drive there, and there's no chance of traffic being a problem.

I used an AMSA discount, and the Sleep Inn ended up being $25 cheaper than the Best Western. There's plenty of parking at the test center, so that wasn't an issue.

Oh yeah - the test center is on Phoenix, in College Park, GA. The Sleep Inn, Motel 8, and a few others are on Sullivan, which is very close.

The exact address is on your scheduling confirmation.

I will be taking the am CS exam in ATL soon. Where is the test site and where did you stay? Whats the closest non-ghetto hotel in the area? Do you really need to study for this thing or can most US students just wing it?

Peace.

I stayed at Country Inn Suites. I had King bed in a clean room that was within walking distance-literally-from the test site. There is no other hotel closer. I got up, had my free breakfast (which included eggs and other hot stuff in addition to the regular cereals, pastries, etc). It wasn't a fancy area, but I didn't feel unsafe or anything either. You get a discount as a usmle-taking med student.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at Econo Lodge in College Park, GA, just an exit down from the site. It was only $48 with tax and the room was clean. There are jets flying overhead but they fly less often at night. Continental breakfast only includes muffins an OJ/milk or cereal. No fruit or anything else. However, you can't beat $48. The testing site gives you a nice free lunch! Get pumped!:)

I stayed at Country Inn Suites. I had King bed in a clean room that was within walking distance-literally-from the test site. There is no other hotel closer. I got up, had my free breakfast (which included eggs and other hot stuff in addition to the regular cereals, pastries, etc). It wasn't a fancy area, but I didn't feel unsafe or anything either. You get a discount as a usmle-taking med student.

I second this...I stayed at Country Inn & Suites and was very satisfied with my room and service. The location can't be beat and it is in a safe and non-ghetto area.

Stayed at the Best Western (make sure you take the one that is close, b/c I think that there are two airport hotels), has an airport shuttle and they take you there in the AM, plus breakfast!!!