Where to stay for Columbia interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajmahal1980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just bumped my interview date up to Dec 23rd and need some help getting an affordable hotel room. Since I'm booking a flight from San Diego last minute its going to be like $500. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

rajmahal2004 said:
I just bumped my interview date up to Dec 23rd and need some help getting an affordable hotel room. Since I'm booking a flight from San Diego last minute its going to be like $500. Any suggestions?

Call Columbia housing and ask for guest accomodations. They don't advertise it because they have limited space. I was the only one in my interview group staying there and I paid $90 a night. It isn't too bad and it is on campus very close to the dental school. You may have a chance to find a spot there.

Hey raj when did you call to get it changed? I called monday and the lady said there was nothing open yet...but I think she didn't even bother looking b/c she was lazy.

whatever you do, do NOT stay at the "Hotel Riverside Studios" on 72nd st. in the Upper West Side. It was soooooooo bad. At least I know now what it's like to live in a crack house. But who knows, I may have to resort to selling crack if I don't here from one of these damn schools soon!!!!!