Where to stay for Iowa interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lis79

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview coming up in Iowa. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay and the best source of transportation to the school?

Members don't see this ad.

lis79 said:
I have an interview coming up in Iowa. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay and the best source of transportation to the school?

See if you can stay at the Phi Rho Sigma Medical Frat House... i think they may charge like $15 or something, but it includes a meal. I stayed there during the summer while doing research- the people there are great and it is within walking distance of where you need to go for your interview (alhtough it may be cold this time of year). PM me for phone number if you are interested, otherwise i am pretty sure this info was included in the interview packet.

I stayed at a crappy Motel 6 about 3 miles from the school. I landed at the Eastern Iowa Airport about 25 miles away and rented a car for about $25-$30 and drove to the Motel. There are a lot of motels/inns in that general area if you do not go with the student housing. I prefer some privacy beforehand. But you can get a pretty cheap room with car.