where to stay for michigan interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiba

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
where are you guys staying for Michigan interview?
anywhere other than places below?

Red Roof Inn
Marriot
Inn at Ann Arbor

Members don't see this ad.

Just staying at REd Roof. The price isn't bad. What day's your interview?

i'll be staying at lamp post inn. the price is very cheap...around $60 per night. makes me wonder tho if anything is wrong with it. i don't want to go through another day like at carl hotel(in sf) where the place was cheap cuz the trolley was right nxt door and shook the whole damn building every 30 min.!! so if anyone slept at lamp post, plz tell me if it's legit.

Members don't see this ad :)
lamp post inn is the worst place you can stay. google them and read their reviews, not a good review to be found. unsafe atmosphere too apparently.

I stayed at the Motel 6 last year. Was the cheapest I found at the time (~$45) and not too far from the school (a couple miles so not walking distance by any means).

The only complaint I had was that there wasn't an iron available to touch up the shirt/suit after a day of travel.

If you're a girl you can stay at my place for free. I may even make you breakfast.

I'll second the Red Roof. ~$60 per night, you can get iron from the front desk, continental breakfast, and there is a $15 shuttle to the airport that leaves from the the Sheraton next door (google 'Michigan Flyer').

lamp post inn is the worst place you can stay. google them and read their reviews, not a good review to be found. unsafe atmosphere too apparently.

omg...thanks for the heads up. i'm gonna cancel and and go somwhere else.

I stayed at the Motel 6 last year. Was the cheapest I found at the time (~$45) and not too far from the school (a couple miles so not walking distance by any means).

The only complaint I had was that there wasn't an iron available to touch up the shirt/suit after a day of travel.

I stayed there when I interviewed and it was really nice. Best to stay here if you're driving to Michigan, if you're flying than you might want to stay closer to the dental school.

http://www.annarborbedandbreakfast.com/

1. You can see the dental school from the doorstep of this place, and it's a five minute walk to there.
2. You have your own room and it's home.
3. Had a hot breakfast made personally for me at 7am of scrambled eggs, french toast and fruit salad. Also unlimited coffee, soda ("pop"), bottled water, etc.
4. Computer with internet, tv, maps of everywhere there.
5. The Maine Woods room was by far the best; it was at the top of the house and was completely quiet by nightfall.

If you're looking for comfort and security the night before your interview, this is definitely the place I'd tell you to go.

if you really need a place to stay pm me, your welcome to the couch in my living room

you just have to tell me what questions they ask

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn for the November 7 interview. Their rate is around 110/night, but I got a student discount to about 79/night. The discount depends on availability of rooms.

They have a free shuttle service to/from the school which I really like.

http://www.annarborbedandbreakfast.com/

1. You can see the dental school from the doorstep of this place, and it's a five minute walk to there.
2. You have your own room and it's home.
3. Had a hot breakfast made personally for me at 7am of scrambled eggs, french toast and fruit salad. Also unlimited coffee, soda ("pop"), bottled water, etc.
4. Computer with internet, tv, maps of everywhere there.
5. The Maine Woods room was by far the best; it was at the top of the house and was completely quiet by nightfall.

If you're looking for comfort and security the night before your interview, this is definitely the place I'd tell you to go.

i looked at the 3 inns on campus. not everyone can pay $200+ per night alrite...

ok so i'm staying at red roof inn too now...has anyone encountered any problems with this one?

thank you all for the feedback!
hm.. I read some reviews for Red Roof and they have cockroaches!! so I am not sure if I want to stay there...
Hampton inn sounds good.
I will look through it

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Ann Arbor Near the University of Michigan on 3600 Plymouth Rd.

I was reading in bed with a little reading light and a HUGE bug that looked like a cockroach crawled up on me. Other than that the hotel was pretty nice haha.

ok so i'm staying at red roof inn too now...has anyone encountered any problems with this one?

its a decent, average hotel. when i was there, the first story planking was being redone and there was construction everywhere, but other than that id recommend it.

I am going to take Michigan Flyer from Detroit Metropolitan Airport to Sheraton (think that is the last stop from the airport) then planning to goto the Campus. I looked through "The Ride" bus but they don't come to Sheraton.
How do you go from the airport to the school? I can't rent a car and I don't want to take a cab... I thought Michigan Flyer would goto the school but no...