Where to stay for NYEE interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wornout2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to interview at NYEE, I've never been to NYC, and I have no idea where to stay. I'll probably fly into LGA. Any suggestions as to where to stay for probably 2 nights. I generally try to go with low budget options (which don't exist in NYC).
If you have a hotel suggestion, let me know what transportation might be like as well if possible (?next to subway, easy bus ride, etc).
NYEE is on the corner of 14th st and 2nd ave.

Members don't see this ad.

For the most part, you can book a hotel anywhere as long as you're on the island. I.e. midtown, the village, upper east/west sides. Avoid Downtown and anything uptown of 70th street. If you want to be close to NYEE anywhere b/w midtown and the village on the east side is your best bet. You should be able to Priceline a good deal...Public transportation in NY is great starting with the subways. If you really want door to door service, a cab each way can run u max of 15 bucks if you stay within the areas mentioned above. Whatever you do, do not rent a car...only take a subway or cab. It costs more to park a car than to pay for a full tank in the city. Good luck.

Hey wonrnout2006,
If you haven't already made a hotel reservation, may I make a suggestion? I recently started using hotwire.com for hotels and it has been a godsend. Last week I stayed at a 3.5 star hotel at a prime location in Manhattan for <$100. I must say it is one of the best deals I've ever had. Just put in the neighborhood you want to stay in, the number of stars and it will tell you the price. After this, you pay and then they tell you what hotel you are booked at.

PM me if you have questions :).

Lilybriscoe

wornout2006 said:
I'm going to interview at NYEE, I've never been to NYC, and I have no idea where to stay. I'll probably fly into LGA. Any suggestions as to where to stay for probably 2 nights. I generally try to go with low budget options (which don't exist in NYC).
If you have a hotel suggestion, let me know what transportation might be like as well if possible (?next to subway, easy bus ride, etc).
NYEE is on the corner of 14th st and 2nd ave.