Where to stay for NYU interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rewJW

surviving
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have interviewed at NYU this cycle, where did you stay? I prefer to stay in Manhattan and not take a train/bus into the city in the morning. I've found a few hotels online at 'decent' prices for Manhattan, but am curious if anybody has any recommendations. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Pennsylvania Hotel, it's right across from Madison Square Garden.

I have interview on the same day. Planning on staying at the Clarion hotels..its less than a mile away from NYU....

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the suggestions!

What day are you guys interviewing? I'll be there on the 24th.

Also 24th here, so I'll possibly see you guys there.

im staying at the marcel at gramercy hotel. its a bit pricy, but nyu is like 3 blocks away.

i'm staying at the broadway hotel-- it's $129 plus tax and it's less than a mile from school. and i am also going to be there on the 24th!

NYU is about a 45 minute train ride from brooklyn, where it is very safe. However there arent really hotels in brooklyn.

I flew in and out the same day! Guess I'm cheap but didn't want to spring for a hotel in NY and I am somewhat paranoid about missing classes. It wasn't too bad, but I was dead tired when I finally got back.

Hotel 17 at the 17th street and 2nd Ave.
It tooke about 10 mins by walking to NYU.
Some people said the cost was under $100, but I paid over 100.
Shared bathroom & shower.
Don't expect a fancy one....
I just chose it because I needed more sleep in the morning. :D ^^;