klp14

Member in Flipflops
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have an interview at PSU on Monday and they don't have any more spots available to stay with med students. There are so many hotels in Hershey that the list is overwhelming. Anybody have a good recommendation?

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
comfort inn at the park. very nice place and within a mile of the campus. on top of that, free shuttle from airport to hotel, hotel to school, and school to airport. very reasonable price ($60-80) and very confortable :thumbup:

PTPoeny

10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I think if you say you are there to interview for med school you get a discount too. The shuttle to the school runs about every 15 min in the morning and if you tell them when you are going to be done they'll come pick you up again.

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
I think my friend stayed at the Comfort Inn, and she didn't have any complaints. It's a good deal :)

The Hershey Lodge looks soooo nice. It's expensive though. If you want to stay there, make sure you ask for the student discount. And it's right across from the campus, so you don't have to worry about taxis or shuttles or anything.

Good luck on the interview :luck: Penn State students were awesome and super friendly... you'll have a great day :)

supersnuffles

Yarr!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
New York, NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
tinkerbelle said:
I think my friend stayed at the Comfort Inn, and she didn't have any complaints. It's a good deal :)

The Hershey Lodge looks soooo nice. It's expensive though. If you want to stay there, make sure you ask for the student discount. And it's right across from the campus, so you don't have to worry about taxis or shuttles or anything.

Good luck on the interview :luck: Penn State students were awesome and super friendly... you'll have a great day :)
Hi Hi tink. :love: I stayed at Comfort Inn, and so did my friend. They can pick you up from the airport in Harrisburg, the bus station, or the Amtrak Station. And they'll drop you off and pick you up at the medical center. Good deal I'd say, plus you get student discount. :D

OP
klp14

klp14

Member in Flipflops
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You guys are rock stars. :love: Thanks for the suggestions.

Prag

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2004
Status
klp14 said:
You guys are rock stars. :love: Thanks for the suggestions.

The rate with the medical interview discount should be $59...don't let them tell you otherwise...;) (at least that is what they are charging me for one night next week--not a bad deal considering you dont have to pay for airport/interview transportation!)