where to stay for slu interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcgirl22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
umm i was just wondering where you all stayed for your st. louis interviews, i couldnt find a list of hotels on the web...thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I stayed at the Drury Inn Union Station. It's right at the train station. Very easy access to the airport and the campus.

Anything downtown or in the central west end area should be fine. The good thing about staying in the west end is that you will have a lot of restaurants and cafes around and easy access to metrolink. There are two hotels there : Chase Park Plaza and BW Inn at the park (at least that what it was called). Downtown there are plenty of options and it's about 10$ cab fare to SLU.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed with a host. It wasn't that expensive, plus I got a rid from the airport, and to the interview. And I was able to get a lot of behind the scenes of information from my host about SLU.

yeah, i would have hosted- it's just that i've had fam. over and lots of other stuff as well, and had some car probs so couldn't swing it to the airport. plus their 20 bucks isn't all that appealing- i think 30 would be great- but yeah, i had all these plans to host students- i actually am livin' at a really hot apartment building (one of stl's best!) and it's a great time, so i know the people would like it and the area-

when are you interviewing?

hey moops thanks for the info, im actually leaving today, my interview is tommorrow.

I stayed with a host and it was NOT a good experience. I had to pay $40 just to get to her house to stay....and plus they make you pay $25 just to stay with a host. Then....I had to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to go to the school with her THREE HOURS before my interview. It was really no good. I would've been MUCH better off to just get a hotel room, financially, and convenience-wise.

It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience and feel the way that you do. Personally, I think that the host gets the better end of the deal. In exchange for $25, you get a place to crash, a free meal, and a ride to your interview. When I interviewed, I payed $80 to stay in a crappy hotel and had to get my own dinner and find my own way to the school for my interview. Even if it had cost me $40 to get to the host, it still would have been cheaper and safer than the shotty hotel that I had to stay in. My wife and I host and trust me, the measily $20 a night isn't making our bank bust. As an applicant, I think it's nice to talk with students to get an insight of what it is like to be at SLU. And waking early one day isn't going to kill you. If that is the case, spend the $50 - $100 on the hotel. Best wishes to you all. :)