Where to stay for UNECOM interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSafur

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my UNECOM interview on Jan. 18th. Just wondering about where to stay. Any advice?? Oh yeah, any advice about the actual interview would be helpful. They told me to be there at 12:30pm. Is that an odd time since most schools tell there interviewees to be there 8-9am??
Anyway, I know about the interview.com website, but I would appreciate why some of you chose UNECOM over other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I have my UNECOM interview coming up on January 20th and would also greatly appreciate any information pertinent to this thread. My email is [email protected] if anyone is so inclined. Thanks in advance

I don't know if this will be much help but here it goes!

My husband is from Pine Point (Scarborough) which is literally right across the water from the school. We went up to visit for X-mas and of course I had to visit the campus (it was closed unfortunately). For those of you who haven't been there, it's down a road that has NO hotels, etc. at which to stay. However, if you go back into Biddeford, and then take Route 1 (major road) towards Portland, there are numerous hotels/motels at which to stay at. (If anyone familiar with the area reads this, PLEASE feel free to give better directions!)

You'll need to have a car to do this, of course, but it isn't too far of a drive.

Hope this helps a little!

PS- how long after your apps were complete did you receive notification for interview? And what are your states of residence / ties to Maine?

[This message has been edited by Cobragirl (edited 01-11-2001).]

Members don't see this ad :)
Did secondary application online and my file was complete on Nov. 16th. Received notification of interview on Dec. 13th. I'm from New York and have no ties to Maine. However, I am very much inclined to stay in the Northeast and practice in the New England area so hope I will have the chance to attend UNECOM in 2001.

cobragirl,
I'm from Massachusetts and my application was complete for about 2 weeks when I received my letter of invitation for an interview.

In October, I stayed at Motel 111, on Rt. 111, and about 2-3 miles from the school. It was a nice little place to stay; a mom-and-pop operation. Information about motels shuold have been sent in your interview packet.
This place was available, cheap, and safe.

-Glands

I too stayed at the Motel 111 in October, and recommend it also. It was very cheap $39 a night, and the rooms were clean, warm, and had cable tv. It's easy to find, and the school is easy to find from it.

From Airport: Take the Maine Turnpike (I-95) South to exit 4. Turn left at the light, and you'll be on Rte. 111. The Motel 111 is on the left about 1/2 mile down.

To UNE from Motel 111: Turn left from parking lot onto Rte 111. Take 111 to Route 9, and make a right. UNE is about 4 miles down on the left. The driveway is a little hidden, but look for the University of New England sign with rocks around it. There is visitor parking across the street from the Alfond Health Sciences building, on the right side of the road.

For food, I recommend the Dry Docks restaurant. To get there from Motel 111, turn right out of the parking lot, and go back towards to freeway. You'll get to the same light that you originally turned at to get onto Rte 111 after getting off the turnpike. Turn left here. You'll pass a Wonder bread factory and the area smells like bread. (Not part of the directions, just something I thought was funny) 1-2 miles down the road is Rte. 1. Turn right. The Dry Docks is on the left, and looks like a house. They open at either 5:30 AM or 6AM for breakfast. Food was reasonably priced and large breakfast portions. I ate there three times when I was in Maine for my interview.

[This message has been edited by Doc Oc (edited 01-12-2001).]

Thanks for all your helpful recommendations and advice. Just hoping my interview goes well. Wish me luck!