Where to stay near UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a rotation at UCSF from 9/18-10/15 and am in need of advice for short-term housing. I looked through the UCSF website at their short-term housing listings and was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of them OR if they had ideas of other places I could stay for a month. I won't have a car so I'd need to be near public transportation or the hospital shuttle (I'll be at the Parnassus campus). Thanks in advance.

PS This is posted here vs the Housing forum as that one seems to get very little traffic other than people looking for advice.

Members don't see this ad.

You can try using www.housingmaps.com

You can select San Francisco, and sublet and you will get a map with all the available apartments as pushpins. Also, you can look for a place along the N-Judah line as there is a stop right across the street from UCSF.

Good luck!

radonc2011 said:
You can try using www.housingmaps.com

You can select San Francisco, and sublet and you will get a map with all the available apartments as pushpins. Also, you can look for a place along the N-Judah line as there is a stop right across the street from UCSF.

Good luck!

See my post in Allo.

For the uninitiated I strongly suggest stopping by the SF historic landmark O'Farrell Theatre. The cultural aspects of SF are so fantastic and missing this treat would almost be a crime. Its on O'Farrell I believe fairly close to Cathedral Hill area. I often see fellow health practitioners lounging around at this renowned entertainment venue.

I'll be there the month before you, and managed, with some searching, to find a place through craigslist.com. You definitely have to search for awhile and be a bit trusting of what you are getting, but I think I have managed to find an affordable place with a normal roommate. Unfortunately, my boyfriend is taking over the place after me to do a rotation, so it won't be open when you're there, but I'd recommend looking on craigslist and committing some time to searching.
good luck.....