Where to take MCAT in NYC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ferngully

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations regarding the best place to take the August MCAT in NYC??

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not at a hotel. I've heard nightmarish stories about the noise levels in the hotel rooms created by pulling those dividers through the room and then a wedding reception (etc.) taking place on the other side.

I went to Fordham for my MCAT, and it was fine.

If you don't make a choice soon enough, you may have no choice, possibly not even of taking it in NYC. I would suggest not Manhattan, usually too noisy. Fordham's Rose Hill campus in the Bronx is quieter; if you can park on campus, drive rather than use public transportation. Consider a taxi. You don't want to be late to the exam; if you don't know your way around the neighborhood you might get lost and be late.

Consider Queens also, if there is a site.

Get to the exam site early, early, early. You want to check in and calm down before the whistle blows. Make sure you have filled out everything asked for, bring sharpened pencils per instructions, wear comfortable shoes and clothes, maybe ear plugs (but be careful not to miss the pencils down signal), even bring a pillow to sit on if allowed. Bring some energy supplies.

Members don't see this ad :)
DO NOT TAKE IN BROOKLYN!!! I took the MCAT in Brooklyn and it was in a catering hall. They put everybody into the ball room (I actually took it in the bridal suite with 5 other people), the lighting was bad, it smelled and there was a lot of noise coming from outside. It was an awful, awful day for everybody.

I took it at Fordham Law -- GREAT site.

I don't know why ANYONE would take it in Brooklyn.
smile.gif
PadBear, will you be at Second Look Day on April 2nd, or has NYU given you the green light?

------------------
Tim Wu.

When should we start signing up for the august MCAT ?

I will be going to the second look at Downstate program this monday evening. I will probably not hear from NYU until May. I am wondering whether I should write NYU a letter telling them how impressed I was with their school and how much I would like to be a student there. What do you think?