Where would you rank Texas schools?

freakazoid

Guy Friend Extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2002
TX
I know Baylor and UT Southwestern are top-tier,
but where would the rest of the schools lie, middle or low?

UT Houston
UT San Antonio
UT Galveston
Texas Tech
Texas A&M

I do want to make sure I apply to a wide spread of schools, but I was wondering if I was covering my low/middle bases so I could apply for some higher-tier out of state schools . . . or if I should apply to the middle/lower-tier out of state schools as well. My reasoning is that I really would prefer to stay in Texas, and only schools better than those who accept me in Texas will take me out of state . . . Advice, anyone?

rjhtamu

Stargazer Royale
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2001
Houston, Tx
This is just how I would rank the schools right now according to my personal preferences, I think ranking them any other way is just subjective. This may change after interviews though....

Baylor
UT Houston
Southwestern
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
UTMB
UT San Antonio

I'm putting Baylor and Houston first because of the Texas Medical Center, Southwestern next because of the Dallas Med Center, A&M cause it's close and I'm familiar with it, then Tech, and UTMB and San Antonio last because at this point I can't see myself going to school there.

The Mysterious Stranger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2002
TX
When ever I hear of students talk about the ratings (this isn't very objective) the Breakdown seems to go:

1. Baylor
2. SW
3. UT Galveston
4. UT Houston
5. UT SA
6. A & M
7. Tech

Like the others said it also depends on what you want to do--A&M is probably the best school to attend if you are interested in rural health...

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.