Where you go to school vs. where you practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsnp

DDSNP
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if there were any extra problems while going to dental school if you wanted to practice in another region than what your school is in. Right now I'm almost 95 percent sure that I want to stay in the midwest. So I applied to a lot of midwest schools. But, UPenn's program and faculty sound very good. I was wondering that if I do decide to go to UPenn is there anything extra I have to go through if i want to practice in the midwest?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

somebody more knowledgable about the situation should answer this question.. but i believe the only thing you need it take the WREBs and you can practice in the mid-west eaisly after that.. but by the time you take the boards there might be a national one so who knows you might not need to do anything :)

ddsnp said:
Hey I was wondering if there were any extra problems while going to dental school if you wanted to practice in another region than what your school is in. Right now I'm almost 95 percent sure that I want to stay in the midwest. So I applied to a lot of midwest schools. But, UPenn's program and faculty sound very good. I was wondering that if I do decide to go to UPenn is there anything extra I have to go through if i want to practice in the midwest?

Thanks

Pass the regional board and pay the money for the license. Not much more to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the website is www.aade.org or .com. American academy of dental examiners or something like that. You can look up the state you want to practice in and it will tell you what board exams they accept. Many states take several.