Where's Stanford's rejection letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daydreamer2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone else been complete at Stanford since let's say....Sep/Oct and not get an interview on their status page or a rejection letter? What is taking so long!? There aren't any interviews left right?

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete in october and I received my rejection letter today. one down and 18 more to go.

I was complete in August. No word. No letter. Come on, I want to at least frame that letter with Stanford letterhead, which is the only reason I applied anyway :laugh: (same goes for Harvard).

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a rej letter as well.

Good luck and hope for all of you without any official word yet!

actually, I interviewed there last Friday... and apparently... they interview until April! I was "mid-cycle"...so have hope!!!!!!!:luck:

still waiting. I figure no rejection yet is still good news, although the chances aren't exactly great.

I was complete in November and received a rejection letter two weeks ago.
Then again, I never thought I was getting into Stanford, but I figured I might as well give it a shot. I hear it's a decent school, but as an Old Blue, I shouldn't admit that.

Count me in too. What the hell is going on Stan? I was complete September, at least throw me a freaking rejection letter for God's sake !:mad:

Count me in too. What the hell is going on Stan? I was complete September, at least throw me a freaking rejection letter for God's sake !:mad:

If anybody wants, they can have mine.
I'll trade it to you for your "pending/no info" status. :)

did your status page change at all when u get the rejection? I called admission and the guy told me all he could tell me is that I will receive something by mail (not sure if he meant mail/email) and that the interview goes on till April. Its kinda cryptic. If he implied rejection, why telling me about the interview perioid hmmm? Maybe im still under consideration ? Comments?

i too am in the "dammit stanford tell me something already boat," but i do know this:
a girl i worked with last year received an interview invite in mid-march, interviewed in early april, and got in 2 weeks later.
so, ya never know.

i too am in the "dammit stanford tell me something already boat," but i do know this:
a girl i worked with last year received an interview invite in mid-march, interviewed in early april, and got in 2 weeks later.
so, ya never know.

I've heard this story before, is this for real or did the Stan admissions people make it up just to keep us from rebelling?

NO, it is pronounced StaMford...I should know, I once made a delivery there...

cast_pict1.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got an invite today from Stanford. I completed in late October, before my b-day:D . The interviews go on until April, but most of the dates were taken already. Just a few days are left in April.

Keep your hopes up. My stats weren't high, and Stanford offered me my first interview for the year 07. I was so close to committing suicide a week ago (just kidding :cool: ).

Did you receive an email? or status page change? :)

in my experience, the status page inviting me to interview came *well* before the snail letter (over one week, no email). check you status pages.

NO, it is pronounced StaMford...I should know, I once made a delivery there...

cast_pict1.jpg

that's funny. went to stanford undergrad, and when i was first accepted a LOT of people said, "oh that's nice, connecticut is a -- uhh -- nice state..."

Heh, I was probably one of the first special people to get the rejection letter, although it arrived a *month* after the day it was dated. I know mail East <--> West Coasts can be a little slow, but man, a month? Which probably means that I was so rejected, no one could even bother mailing it....

Good luck to those still waiting, and may Stanford shine more love down upon you than they did me. :)

Heh, I was probably one of the first special people to get the rejection letter, although it arrived a *month* after the day it was dated. I know mail East <--> West Coasts can be a little slow, but man, a month? Which probably means that I was so rejected, no one could even bother mailing it....

:laugh:

Good luck to those still waiting, and may Stanford shine more love down upon you than they did me. :)

believe me, it's better to have never visited this slice of med school heaven than to do so and *then* be cast back into the realm of mortals. damn you, zeus!

Ya, I called and still being reviewed. They said they review through march, but I thought there weren't interview spots left. how come they reject some people in the span of a couple weeks and i've been waiting 5 months? sighhhhh:(