where's that under 3.0 gpa club thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samwY

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried searching for it but I can't seem to find it anywhere...

I remember there was some good info in that thread, so if someone marked it as a favorite pls link it.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

anyone?

why did they get rid of the search button :T

samwY said:
anyone?

why did they get rid of the search button :T

just keep going through the pages and look for it.......

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL, the under 3.0 club is no more! J/k

I have a feeling this years admissions with so many more applicants has been extremely harsh on us under 3.0ers. As a member of the club I only have one piece of advice....

GET YOUR GPA ABOVE 3.0 AT ALL COSTS!

Even if you have to take easy classes just do it because many schools will throw your app out if either your science or overall is under 3.0.

Not to scare you but I got a 26 on the DAT and have only one interview. I know for a fact that some schools only care about reaching the cutoff. In fact I just talked to an admissions lady at USC and she said if I got my GPA up to 3.0 I'd be in great shape but would get rejected with my current GPA. Funny how I could take a few easy courses (which I am currently doing) and all of a sudden get an interview with ease. She didn't care about the toughness of the courses, my DATs or anything else about my application. I just hope they get my new grades before I get a rejection letter!

rajmahal2004 said:
LOL, the under 3.0 club is no more! J/k

I have a feeling this years admissions with so many more applicants has been extremely harsh on us under 3.0ers. As a member of the club I only have one piece of advice....

GET YOUR GPA ABOVE 3.0 AT ALL COSTS!

Even if you have to take easy classes just do it because many schools will throw your app out if either your science or overall is under 3.0.

Not to scare you but I got a 26 on the DAT and have only one interview. I know for a fact that some schools only care about reaching the cutoff. In fact I just talked to an admissions lady at USC and she said if I got my GPA up to 3.0 I'd be in great shape but would get rejected with my current GPA. Funny how I could take a few easy courses (which I am currently doing) and all of a sudden get an interview with ease. She didn't care about the toughness of the courses, my DATs or anything else about my application. I just hope they get my new grades before I get a rejection letter!

which gpa has to be above 3.0?

sci?
non-sci?
overall?
bcp?

all?
some?
one?
two?
all but one?

could you explain?

cheers mate

well for USC she definitely made it clear that even though I've got my science up to 3.0, I would still have to get my overall up to 3.0 as well. Maybe she was just trying to scare me..lol.

rajmahal2004 said:
well for USC she definitely made it clear that even though I've got my science up to 3.0, I would still have to get my overall up to 3.0 as well. Maybe she was just trying to scare me..lol.

I was talking to a USC rep when she came to my school for a professional school/grad school faire and she said that, even with excellent DATs, you'd need a 3.0 to be considered... she said they might make exception for a 2.9, but not anything lower... Lucky me... I'm at just below a 2.9... I hope they don't reject me before my next grades come out in december!