1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's womansurg?

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by Neuron, May 6, 2004.

1. Neuron

Neuron Aequanimitas.
    7+ Year Member

Hasn't been a post from her in ages. She's probably an attending by now, eh?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Apollyon

Apollyon Screw the GST
    Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

She is an attending, indeed, and just after she became one, she was posting about how busy it was. Hope to hear from her again.

4. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey there,
    She's working her "buns" off as an attending. I am sure that she will post when she gets a break. D--m, I miss that wit!
    njbmd

5. blotto geltaco

blotto geltaco Old-timer
    10+ Year Member

Maybe she is working on the definition of brain death

6. hndrx1a

hndrx1a electric medical haze
    7+ Year Member

Blotto, why you gotta bring that up? :laugh:

7. Neuron

Neuron Aequanimitas.
    7+ Year Member

Ouch.

Just read that thread. Is that the reason for her leaving, then? Unfortunate. She always did have an opinion on most things (which was great), and perhaps felt a need to post on a topic that, initially at least, was connected to her expertise as a surgeon. It unfortunately got a little bit neurological after a point - I wouldn't bit too upset about not knowing neuro stuff.

I don't know why, perhaps the way our education is set up, but there seems to be a curious somatic vs. neuro divide in medicine, and most folks, surgical and nonsurgical, quickly become less comfortable with neurological stuff after med school unless they're neurologists or neurosurgeons (or, apparently, anesthesiologists!). It's easy even for sharp folks to get confused when trying to put together neuroanatomy, which was what she was doing towards the end there. I wouldn't be too harsh on her with that. Hope she comes back, eh?

8. Neuron

Neuron Aequanimitas.
    7+ Year Member

Hmm.

I think I know why this may be a problem. Womansurg was very open with who she was. At one point she actually more or less disclosed her identity. I just did a search, and it takes less than 10 seconds to locate her new practice, her real name, education, internship, residency etc. etc.

I suspect we're not quite going to hear from her again. :(