Where's womansurg?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuron

Aequanimitas.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hasn't been a post from her in ages. She's probably an attending by now, eh?

Members don't see this ad.

Neuron said:
Hasn't been a post from her in ages. She's probably an attending by now, eh?

Hey there,
She's working her "buns" off as an attending. I am sure that she will post when she gets a break. D--m, I miss that wit!
njbmd

Members don't see this ad :)
Blotto, why you gotta bring that up? :laugh:

Ouch.

Just read that thread. Is that the reason for her leaving, then? Unfortunate. She always did have an opinion on most things (which was great), and perhaps felt a need to post on a topic that, initially at least, was connected to her expertise as a surgeon. It unfortunately got a little bit neurological after a point - I wouldn't bit too upset about not knowing neuro stuff.

I don't know why, perhaps the way our education is set up, but there seems to be a curious somatic vs. neuro divide in medicine, and most folks, surgical and nonsurgical, quickly become less comfortable with neurological stuff after med school unless they're neurologists or neurosurgeons (or, apparently, anesthesiologists!). It's easy even for sharp folks to get confused when trying to put together neuroanatomy, which was what she was doing towards the end there. I wouldn't be too harsh on her with that. Hope she comes back, eh?

Hmm.

I think I know why this may be a problem. Womansurg was very open with who she was. At one point she actually more or less disclosed her identity. I just did a search, and it takes less than 10 seconds to locate her new practice, her real name, education, internship, residency etc. etc.

I suspect we're not quite going to hear from her again. :(